1: Woven Together

A/N: Hello, everyone! This is a Zane~chan/Zana fanfiction, and my first writing contribution to the Aphmau fandom. After catching up with Aphmau's recent MyStreet videos, I wanted to write something for my favourite almost-canon couple. You may want to watch the episodes of MyStreet: Starlight that focuses on Zane and Kawaii-chan to have a better understanding of the setting of the story if you haven't already.

Warnings: Small spoilers for MyStreet. Some implied racy-ish stuff. The characters may be written slightly out of character, especially Kawaii-chan. The writing is written in a slightly more mature take on Zane and Kawaii-chan's situation. 

This fanfiction also slightly derails from the canon storyline in MyStreet: Starlight.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kawaii-chan was always too spontaneous and too active, too loud and surprising. That's what Zane thought initially after knowing her for a few years. She was always bustling around, one place to another, excited over everything in life, chatting, or squealing about her OTP. Kawaii-chan was every bit of annoying, but Zane's cold front was weak to the radiance of her warm personality, and the bright pink haired Meif'wa melted away his icy facade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Zane, could we go outside today?" Amber eyes peered over a book a dark haired male was reading, and his attention was now fixed on the female awaiting an answer from him.

If Zane were his old self, he would have said no. But he couldn't say no to someone who had been trapped indoors for days now, in addition to the fact that she was looking at him mercifully, practically begging to be outside.

Without giving it much thought, Zane replied quickly. "I guess. However, Miss Chan, you'll have to wear my brother's clothing, though."

The thought of wearing someone else's clothing didn't appeal to Kawaii-chan, but she was astounded that the usually cold male across from her was actually allowing her out of the room. She wasn't supposed to be seen by any of her friends, and how she got into that situation would take hours for herself to explain. The outcome would be bad, regardless how much she could explain to her friends.

"Wait... Really? Thanks, Zane!" The excited Meif'wa took a Hawaiian print shirt from what she assumed to be Zane's brother's luggage along with some jeans.

Zane noted that Kawaii-chan dropped the formalities. Odd, but he was fine with it. He liked the way his name rolled off her tongue, minus the '-kun'. However, what was even stranger was that he, a man who still has testosterone in his blood, was able to tolerate Kawaii-chan, literally almost naked for the days he has been on Starlight Island. The more he thought about it, the more flustered he became, so he tried to avoid such impure thoughts. But every time Kawaii-chan would come up to him in little attire, he was reminded of the war of hormones raging within himself.

It was honestly a good thing that he wore a mask all the time because he was constantly blushing in her presence. The Meif'wa didn't know it, but she was putting Zane in a harder situation than he should be in.

Girls mostly were never a problem for Zane. As long as they paid no attention to him, he needn't pay attention to them, and he quite liked that system. Too much attention was horrible, too intimidating and too tiring. It was better off, Zane decided, to bring as little as attention to himself as possible after Aphmau, his best friend, made him make cat noises for a stupid video that she uploaded to YouTube. He went viral and attracted a sizable fan base, mostly of girls, who were simply terrifying in his perspective. Yes, it was nice to receive praise for his looks, but it wasn't enjoyable to be chased around by strangers for pictures or autographs.