Chapter 17 - Forbidden Forest

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I'm not scared, Potter." Malfoy sneered.

As we kept on going...we heard a howl.

"Do you hear that?" Malfoy asked. Harry and I looked around. I felt so scared, so I started to hold onto Harry's arm.
"It's going to be okay, Belle." Harry whispered to me .

I nodded.

"Come on, Fang." Malfoy said, as he took the lead.

We walked further to the forest until Fang started to growl.

"What is it, Fang?" Harry asked.

I looked ahead and I couldn't believe it. Seeing a dead unicorn.

I let go of Harry's arm and gasped.

Harry yelped, rubbing his forehead. I turned to him. "Harry!"

The creature turned to us and growled.

Malfoy yelled and grabbed my hand and dragged me out of there.

"Malfoy! Let me go!" I shouted.
He didn't answer but, we just on going.

Until we met the others.

"Belle! What happened? We heard something screaming and where's Harry?" Erika asked.
"He...he's in trouble." I replied.

Erika's eyes widen at that.
"Let's go." Hagrid said.

Malfoy still kept his hands on mine.
It felt...warm.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Harry's POV

"Harry Potter." I turned to the centaur.

"You must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The Forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you." said the centaur.

"But what was that thing you saved us from?" I asked.

"A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking its blood will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. For you have slain something so pure...that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life." the centaur explained.

"Who would choose such a life?" I asked.

"Can you think of no one?" he replied.

"Do you mean to say that thing that killed the unicorn....that was drinking its blood...that was Voldemort." I said.

"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?" asked the centaur.

My eyes widen. "The Sorcerer's Stone."

Then we heard barking.

"Harry!"

I turned around.

"Hello there, Firenze. See you've met our young Mr. Potter." said Hagrid. 

"You alright there, Harry?"

I nodded.

"Harry Potter, this is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good Luck." he said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Erika's POV - Common Room
"You mean, you-know-who is out there right now in the forest?" Hermione asked.
"But he's weak. He's living of the Unicorns. Don't you see we got it wrong. Snape doesn't want the stone for himself, the wants the stone for Voldemort. With the stone, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll come back." Harry said.

"But if he comes, you don't think he'll try to kill you, do you?" Ron asked.
"I think if he had the chance he might have killed me tonight." Harry replied.

"And to think. I've been worried about our Potions final." Ron said.
"Wait a minute. We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldemort's always feared?" Hermione asked.

"Obviously, Dumbledore." Belle and I said.
"Thank you, Belle and Erika. With Dumbledore around, You're safe." Hermione sai.
"I get it... as long as Dumbledore's around, Harry can't be touched." Belle said.

"That's right, Belle. You're right on track." Hermione said.
"Thanks." Belle mumbled.

Everything went quiet. Until I noticed her cheeks are...red?

"Belle, your cheeks are getting red." Ron said.
"Eh? Oh....um...maybe I'm just tired." she said.

I don't think so. I thought.

"That's right..." Hermione looked at the clock.
"It's getting late. We better get to bed, we have exams tomorrow." she said.