Simon's Sidemen Q&A

Start from the beginning

"If we were really a family, who would be who?" JJ's question seemed out of place and completely random. Only Simon ended up hearing it, the others having ventured off into their own conversations. Simon lifted his head from JJ's neck, looking at the younger curiously. He knew JJ well enough to know his mind would wander, but it still fascinated him how quickly the younger could change.

"Well, our first problem would be it being very illegal, seeing as everyone in this group is gay for one or two others." JJ chuckled at this, but Simon could see he was still thinking about it. "Ignoring that, I'd say Josh is the dad and Tobi's the mum." JJ nodded, a smile on his face.

"It fits them so well. Josh with his random bursts of odd behavior and Tobi watching over the rest of us." Simon nodded, moving to snuggle back into JJ's neck. "What the hell would I be?"

"The oddly philosophical young adult. You know, the kid who's just gone off to college to follow his dreams and kinda acts all over the place. In all reality, you still pretty much are." JJ laughs lightly, hand moving under the back of Simon's shirt to rub the skin.

"If that's the case, you're the sarcastic and witty teenage daughter."

"Hey! I'm more flirty than witty, give me some credit." JJ laughed, laying a kiss on the blond's head.

"Whatever you say, Si." Simon mumbled something into JJ's neck the younger couldn't understand. "I'm thinking Vik also gets to be a teenager."

"Yeah. He's that kid that really worries his parents because he's always working on something." Simon spoke when he turned his head up, locking eyes with JJ.

"The one they swear is dead sometimes because they never come out for food?"

{AN- For anyone who may not know/ call it something else, a tween is someone aged from about ten to thirteen. It may be a bit earlier too, it depends on who you ask.}

"Yeah. And then Harry is definitely a tween. During those years where you have no sense of self control and you feel invincible." The pair chuckled at how accurately it described their youngest friend.

"Not to mention those awkward phases every tween goes through. I swear Harry's still going through them some days." Simon laughed a little louder at that, gaining some attention.

"Why are you idiots still on the floor?" Josh's words held an underlying tone of concern.

"There ya go. Josh is definitely the dad." JJ pointed out to Simon, ignoring the question.

"Yeah, as if it wasn't painfully obvious before. Now what's Ethan?" Simon looked toward the ginger boy, staring him down. Ethan felt a little uncomfortable under the judgement.

"What are you talking about?" Tobi asked, sitting up from where he was leaning completely against Josh.

"If we were a family, what we would be." JJ explained, contemplating what Ethan would be.

"Illegal, that's for sure." Vik piped up, still seated on Josh's lap.

"That's what I said! We're ignoring that part for now. Hm, I'm not sure with Ethan." Simon added in, finally looking away from Ethan. Harry now looked at him observantly, a face of thought evident.

"I'd say he's a tween. Ya know, at that point of life where you're easily triggered by everything, but still laugh a lot. Seems right." Harry commented, Ethan looking at him in feign shock.

"I am not easily triggered."

"Babe, how many times a day do you scream at your computer?"

"It's because it's been stupid! It's not my fault." Ethan pouted, Harry kissing his pouted lips.