Chapter 1 | Answers

Previously-

"Don't go down there."

"Why..?"

She then began the lengthy process of explaining how long it had been since you had woken up, how you seemingly died, and how she erased Meliodas' memory of you dying. And you completely. You nearly broke down crying because of that. But you managed to keep it inside of yourself. But she didn't tell you about Elizabeth.

"Do you think that you're ready to go down?" Merlin asked, as she rubbed your back.

You inhaled.

"Yes."

(your outfit)

You walked down the stairs slowly. You could hear the bustle of the other Sins talking down below, and you gulped. You approached the last step and stepped down. Everyone looked at you with shock in their eyes. Meliodas just looked at you with a perverted face.

He charged at you and began to grope your bosoms. You karate chopped his head, and sent him flying into a chair. You rubbed the back of your neck awkwardly.

"So... Uh... Hi." You said, giving them a signature (Y/n) grin. They immediately charged at you, sending you toppling to the ground.

"(Y/N)!" They all simultaneously shouted, laughing with joy. Diane was outside, wishing that she was smaller so she could hug you.

"(Y/N), YA LITTLE BASTARD! YOU GAVE US A SCARE!" Ban shouted, ruffling your already messed-up hair.

"(Y/N!) H-how are you alive?" King stuttered, hugging your neck. You pried him off and shrugged.

"I'm not sure myself.

"Eh?" Meliodas said, rubbing the part of his head where he got karate chopped. Elizabeth was helping him up. All the other Sins turned to him with an angry look on his face.

"How can you not remember, Captain??!!" Ban hissed, stomping up to him furiously. You quickly ducked into front of Ban before he could punch the Captain.

"I'm, uh, uh... One of Ban's friends!! Yeah, I used to work here but I got fired..?" You somewhat asked; scratching your cheek whilst sweat-dropping. You awkwardly wrapped your arm around Ban, but only on your tiptoes. You gave Meliodas an unsure thumbs-up.

"I fired you...?" Meliodas responded, with the same uncertainty in your voice. "Well, I should hire you again! Care to join us at the Boar Tavern, (Y/n)?"

You nodded, but then you shook your head. You remembered that terrible, terrible tavern outfit for the barmaids. You also remembered getting very inappropriate remarks from the men you were serving. You shivered as a chill of nostalgia ran up your spine. You had the memory of this happening before.

~Flashback~

(keep in mind, this is before he was a Holy Knight. also, you were wearing at this time.)

You had collapsed on the Boar Tavern's stepped, and some little boy had dragged you in. You were lying on a table, with sleep in your dull, (e/c) eyes.

"Oh, you're awake." The blonde boy sighed with relief, plopping down in the seat in front of you with a large mug of beer. You muttered incoherent words as you sat up, a throbbing pain entering your skull. You immediately bolted up, as if you had been slapped by the pain.

"Where am I? How did I get here? Who are you?! Aren't you too young for that? Why am I here?" You asked in frenzy, not caring if you repeated anything.

"Shshshshshhhh..." The little boy breathed, groping one of your bosoms. You hissed and slapped him away, proceeding to slam him into the wall. He smiled and slapped you back. You had never met anyone who could counter your strength.

"Say, are you in need of employment?" The little boy asked, resting his hands on his hips.

You paused momentarily, noticing that your satchel that was typically lazily slung around your shoulder containing all your money was gone.

"You're lucky that I am." You hissed, crossing your arms over your large chest.

"Well, consider yourself employed!" The boy said, holding out a hand of his to shake. "By the way, I'm Meliodas. I'm a Holy Knight apprentice."

"I'm (Y/n). I'm also a Holy Knight apprentice." You said, shaking his hand.

"So we can train together..?"

"Sure." You answered, smiling brightly. This was the first time you had felt truly happy in a few years.

____________________.____________________

You shuddered, recovering from the flashback. You were laying on the floor. Everybody was surrounding you with a very worried or anxious look on their face besides Meliodas.

"W-what happened?" You mumbled, propping yourself up on your arms, rubbing your eye.

"You passed out, (Y/n). Don't leave us like that, like when you did so long ago." Ban said bitterly, his magenta eyes glaring into your own (e/c) ones.

"I promise that I won't." You responded, jumping up. A pig walked up to you, and you stared at it with hungry eyes.

"Who the heck are you?" It squeaked, sniffing you. You were momentarily shocked, as you stood there woodenly.

"PIGS CAN TALK?!" You screeched, jumping onto Ban's head.

"Yes, they can, dumb-ass! Get down!" He growled prying you off his face. You were extremely strong, so that was a bit of a lengthy process. You had down it several times before, and Ban knew how to deal with it. He had to tickle you. If that man really tried, his fingers were like a feathers.

"S-STAHP IT!!! STOP! I'LL, I'LL, GET O-OFF!" You snorted, as Ban pried you off his face.

"That's the (Y/n) we know." King said, hugging Chastiefol tightly.

"Speaking of which, how do you know her?" Meliodas questioned, placing his hands on his hips.

"..." King didn't responded, but merely hummed awkwardly.

"I'm King's friend, um, as well..?" You answered, unwarily. You shrugged and placed a hand on top of King's head, seemingly signifying that you were his acquaintance. King nodded enthusiastically, as well as nervously.

"Ms. (Y/n), how do you know Sir Meliodas?" A teal-haired girl asked quietly. She had on the tavern outfit.

"Um..." You suddenly heard Merlin's voice bounce into your head, but you couldn't see her. "You can't keep the secret for much longer. Meliodas will find out. Also, I'll be heading back to Camelot. Have fun with the others. Also, remember this; Meliodas is currently almost in a relationship with the teal-haired girl. She loves him, but he doesn't know it. He has small feelings for her back, but if you were to ignite what you and Meliodas had in the past, the girl wouldn't stand a chance. Goodbye for now, dear (Y/n)." Merlin said, basically injecting the information into your head all at once.

"Well... I was actually lying about being fired." You sighed, rubbing the back of your neck.

"So I never fired you..?" Meliodas asked, pulling out two chairs for you and him to sit on.

"True, but there's more..." You responded, sitting down on the chair tiredly. "This is going to be a long story, so, I suggest if you want to do something else, go now."

"I have all day." Meliodas said, elongating the word 'day'.