Postmates and Boxes

It was currently 2 in the morning. I, together with Anthony, haven't finished packing all the necessary things I needed.

"Why do you have so much clothes?" Anthony asked as he sealed another box of my clothing.

I smiled not knowing exactly why I have so much, thinking that I only wore atleast 5 shirts and the jeans.

Boxes and boxes of clothes piled by the corners of the bedroom. By then, every article of clothing I have was packed.

I glanced at Anthony looking through the picture frames across the dresser. "Is this you?" He asked holding up a picture of a little girl wearing a Sunday dress and holding up balloons.

I nodded, "That was me. Yeah." Smiling, the memory that day lingered.

2:27. The digital clock on my nightstand read.

"I didn't realize it was this late already. I should head back to the Team 10 house." Anthony says as he yawned.

I shook my head no, "Stay the night, I don't want you getting in danger."

"It's fine. I'll just take an Uber." He says slowly leaving the room.

I grabbed his arm as he passed by me. "No, stay. Whether you like it or not. My house, my rules."

"Okay, I'll stay. Anything for my princess." He says pulling out a small smile.

I realized my hand was still holding onto his arm. I looked at him and pulled my arm. I rushed to the small storage room and grabbed a pillow, a comforter and a blanket. "Here. You can crash on the couch for tonight. Is that okay with you?"

He nodded as he took the pillow and blanket away from me. "It's a sofa bed, so you'll be comfortable, I guess."

I spread out the couch to it's bed form and spread the comforter against it. Anthony helped himself and added the pillow and the blanket.

"You good?" I asked.

He looked at me for atleast 2 seconds, "I'm hungry. Postmates?"

I then smiled, "Yes please!"

He took out his phone from his pocket and typed in our orders.

While waiting, I set up the TV for some Netflix and played reruns of The Flash.

***

"No, he's not a mutant." I stated as I took a bite of my burger.

He looked at me, "He is. How does one human being get powers without being called a mutant?"

I laughed as we were arguing about something stupid. "An alien."

"He's obviously not an Alien, we saw him as human earlier." He retaliated.

"But he's not mutant either, he was suddenly hit by lightning and then he got his powers." I said taking the last bite of my burger.

He laughed, "Where is this even going?"

"I don't know, all I know is I'm enjoying this moment." I grabbed my phone and quickly snapped a picture.