2.1

His eyes looked glazed over like newly cut glass. His face looked surprised as he turned around. Allay horrified. I kind of felt bad but this had to happen. "Who are... W-what are you d-doing here..." He closes his eyes and takes a step away from me. I am trying so hard to be confident in the middle of Dan's yard, but it was the great time I had ever heard his voice before. It was... More soothing than I had expected. "I'm Phil... Youre Dan Howell, aren't you."

His eyes meet me and even in the moonlight, I see his cheeks go red. "u-uh... Yes but W-what are you doing here..." I guess we big decided to do the act of trying to pretend we didn't know each other. Now that I realize it, it she's seem a bit sketchy that I just some how end up at his house at night. I scratch the back of my head. "I was at ashleys... I was about to leave and I saw you... Why didn't you tell me?"

He looks down, looking extremely anxious and scared. "w-well, at first I didn't know it was y-you, then you sent me a picture and when I saw you the next day, I saw you a-and I was confused... I didn't want you to find out who I was b-because in an outcast... And if you knew you wouldnt talk to me any more... " I realize a tear has just rolled down his cheek. I take a step closer to him." p-please dont hurt me..." he whimpers, making my heart break in two. "I would never, ever. Calm down, everything's okay."

Before I knew it, the urge to hug him took over me and I found dan wrapped up in my embrace. He was stiff for a minute but soon he melted into my body and closed his eyes. He looked so content, like he needed some reminder that there was someone in this world. That cared. He pulls away and I look him in the eyes. "You know... Last night?" He nods, gripping the sleeve of his jacket. "well, I haven't told anyone that, nor even ashley, so just don't go around telling people... Okay?" I look down, kinda feeling bitchy for saying that. "S-sure..."

Awkward scilence.

I turn my head and decided that it's time to go home. I wave him goodbye before I see him running into his house and slamming the door. I feel myself crying again for some reason. I can't believe it was him the whole time. I wipe my cheek and turn the ignition. Just as I'm about to pull out, my phone vibrates. Jesus Christ. I pull out my phone, kind of excepting it to be Dan.

Nope. Ashley.

ash:
Hey, where did you go?

phil:
hey, you fell asleep and I am outside about to leave

ash:
would it be weird if I asked you to stay over?

phil:
no of course not! Sure, if you don't mind.

ash:
well come back inside then, you doof xx

Holy shit, she left kisses. I walk to the door, still super excited and still letting it all settle in. I am spending the night with her. Oh my god. I got super anxious all of a sudden, and I can feel sweat prickling under my arms. I lightly knock and open the door slowly. I mean, there's no point in waiting. I step inside and I hear her coming down the hall. It's about to Happen. She comes down the stairs and I see her and her beautiful, sleepy face. I smile. "When did you wake up? I left about 30 minutes ago."She pulls me into a hug as she awnsers." ah, about 15 minutes ago... I saw you talking to Dan outside. Decided to ask why you left. My blood turns cold.

"Oh you saw that? Oh it was nothing... Just saying hi." I tried to play it off cool but apparently she wasn't having it. "oh. So I guess just saying hi involved you hugging Dan while he was crying." Shitttt. "... You saw that, didn't you... Well I guess he just looked like he needed a hug so I did. I'm a great hugger, you know." my face confidence makes me sick. She holds on me tighter and lays her head in the crook of my neck."ah, I don't know... I think youll have to prove it. " She looks at me and smirks. What the hell does that mean? " I'm not so sure I understand what you are talking about." she grabbs my hand and pulls me into the lounge. "I bet you can't watch a movie and cuddle me the whole time." she smiles brightly.

"okay, youre on!" She pops in a movie, The Fault In Our Stars I think, and runs upstairs and grabs a huge blanket. When she comes back she jumps on the couch and presses play. She spreads the blanket between the two of us. When the first scene starts, she puts her head on my shoulder. Shit...is this the part where I put my arm around her? I slowly stretch to put my arm on her shoulder. She giggles and holds my hand as she tangles her legs between mine. Life can't get better then this.

By the time that the guy dies, I hear her asleep on my shoulder again. How cute. I am tired as well so I decide to lay us down the other way, our limbs still entwined. I drift asleep with ashleys lips brushing my neck and her arm resting on my chest.

an // words cannot express how much i hate my stepmother :")