"It makes a change from usual doesn't it?"

He stole the words right out of her mind. But it didn't mean he was allowed to say that, be him real or not!

"Oi!" She nudged him, with not much force to demonstrate anger, but enough to say "you arsehole"

"Only joking." He chuckled.

She smiled, shaking her head. She knew he probably wasn't joking, but it boded well for her to just accept it for harmless banter.

————————————————————————

After a few moments of silence, Hermione decided it was time to quit messing around and find out why they actually were there. The jokes were fun and all, but it wasn't very fun to watch Seamus continually blow himself up every time he tried a new charm.

"You still haven't told me WHY we're here"

Her eyes wandered up to his. His face had been focused entirely on what seemed to be Hermione from the past, but her sudden breakage of the silence disturbed him.

"I was concentrating then" He huffed.

"Look" She began "I know you want me to re-discover myself but I can't particularly do that if I don't know what I'm looking for."

"You really don't see it?"

She shook her head.

"Allow me to replay it for you."

Gliding his index and middle finger together through the air, the images before her became blurry before focusing back to Hermione and Ron discussing the pronunciation of the charm.

"Woah." She whispered, in awe. She'd never seen repeitive magic like this before. It was more of a muggle thing to replay, rather than it was a wizarding skill.

"Look closely. Because this is the moment you proved how smart you were. You were so happy with yourself!"

It was true. To see her own grinning face, placed next to Ron's opposing sour face was a sight she was more than thrilled to see. She remembered feeling over the moon that the whole class had eyes on her. That she wasn't just some muggle-born idiot, that she Hermione Granger was talented. She missed that feeling.

But how did he know this?

Burrowing her eyebrows, she frowned at him "I'm still confused how you know all this." She paused, then added, raising her eyebrows "And how you don't have a name too"

She was confused about a lot of things, but for now she'd only voice the two things that were bothering her the most.

Uncrossing his arms, the boy walked over and stood in front of her. Close, once again. Too close for her liking really. To say her mind was of a seventeen year old, her body literally and mentally felt like her eleven year old self again. And with that came the childish - as she called them - feelings. With his prepubescent body so close to hers, she could feel the hairs on her arms stand on edge with excitement.

Did this boy not know what personal space was?

Looking down at her, he said "I don't have one because you haven't given me one. I'm in YOUR head remember?"

Typical, he only answered one of the questions. She supposed it would take longer to possibly figure out why this was happening - or forever maybe. She didn't know. So for now, she had to go with this.

It was true. He was in her head. But what would she call him? She needed a name that would fit his looks and his personality.

"Hm... I like Daniel. How about Daniel?"

Daniel was the name she'd given her muggle doll when she was much younger. Her parents had gotten him her for Christmas, as she'd seen him in a window-store and practically begged for weeks for him. She didn't know why she liked him so much. Like this boy, he had platinum blonde hair and a smile that could illuminate an entire country. She liked that about the doll and she liked it about him too.

"Perfect. And a last name?"

Ah.
What could she call him?

She'd called him Daniel for his looks, but what to call him for his personality? To be honest, his personality was mostly a mystery to her. Not just because she'd known him for 5 minutes, but because he was either sweet and genuine one minute or he was cocky and sarcastic the next.

He could really be adaptable to any person. He was quite malleable.

Wait... malleable..

"Um.." Her eyes widened, shocked by her intelligent deduction "Malloy!"

Daniel Malloy. It sounded reasonable enough. And it suited him too.

She smiled at him, his approving look encouraging her "Yeah... Daniel Malloy."