t w o

The boy grinned at her response cockily.

"I knew I was. I have a tendency to always be right."

Tendency? This boy looked merely no older than eleven and he was already speaking like Hermione did at that age! However much she appreciated his vast vocabulary, one thing she did tend to frown upon was narcissim.

"Full of yourself, much?"

She questioned, trying to sound as casual as possible to keep him on side. She didn't want to come across as rude after he'd just offered to help her through her life issues! Turning his nose upward, taking the suggestion in, he shrugged

"I wouldn't call it that."

With a swift click of his fingers, it became seconds before the boy was sitting right beside her, making her almost jump out of her skin.

"Oh my goodness!-" She muttered quietly

"I'd call it self appreciation. Something you need more of. So, in order to do that, we need to start from the beginning. Are you ready for that Hermione?"

Of course she was. She hated feeling miserable all the time. She needed a change.

"Yes."

He tilted his head to the side "Perfect. Let's go"

Seconds later, the scenery she knew was gone and it was soon replaced by another she was all than too familiar with.

————————————————————————

"Wingardium leviosa!" A sweet proper voice called out, grabbing Hermione's full and prompt attention.

From across the room where she was stood, she couldn't help but gasp inaudibly to herself. Sat next to the much younger and oh so famous redhead in Hermione's life was...her.

"How?!"

"You mean how can you see yourself?"

Suddenly, the boy was beside - very closely, shoulder to shoulder almost - Hermione, his arms folded tightly, watching the events unfold as they did many years ago.

"Yes?!"

"I told you. We're revisiting your memories. Goodness, keep up Hermione"

But why in the Charms classroom? There was no real significance or value to it. The classroom had three rows of desks, all facing Professor Flitwick's desk, behind which sits a large upholstered chair with a high back. Two blackboards flanked the teacher's table, and behind them was a small shelf with books and other objects, beneath a pair of windows.

"Erm..." Oh, that's right. He had no name. "Nameless Boy, why am I watching myself in Charms?"

He shrugged. "It's a nice thing to watch isn't it?" He faced her with a sarcastic smile, waiting for a reaction.

She gave him non-verbal daggers, as if to say "No."

He outstretched his arm, his finger pointing outward as he turned his head back to the main attraction "Plus-"

She looked at her dopplegänger, who was staring at Flitwick with the most sincere attentive look in her eyes.

"-look how nice your hair looks!"

Hm.

The self-proclaimed know-it-all WAS living up to his status. In this precise moment, her hair was not maintaining its usual bushy stance as her split ends would usually enhance its thickness. No, in this moment it looked... straight, and fair, and everything she wanted it to be. It-