REAL LIFE

"Toby, open up!"

Val knocked on Toby's door in the middle of the night. She had just landed with Toby from London. She left Toby in her apartment where they would stay when they're here. It wasn't that the two are gonna stay there forever, she only needed to correct her mistakes.

The door swung open, revealing Toby in his messed up clothes and hair. "Wow, you looked sad without me." She commented and laughed. Without any invite, she walked into Toby's apartment and started picking up his trash. "And you tell me I can't take care of myself." She said and threw the trash on the trash bin.

"So, where's the anime dude?" He asked and slumped down on his couch. "He's in my place. I wanted to say hi." She answered and perched herself beside her best friend where Toby's dog jumped on the edge of the couch and Val petted him.

"Wait, what? He's staying at your place? Can't he get a hotel or something?" His brows furrowed. "Can you stop acting like a dad? Why are you so on to Kento anyways. He's actually nice. Like really nice. Unlike guys I've met before. Not that I talked or hung with a lot of guys before. He's the one who told me we should go here."

"Really?" Toby asked, tilting his head. Val nodded and laid down on the couch, her feet over Toby's lap. "I'm so freaking tired, man."

Toby stood up. "No, no, no. You're here because of Tom, right? Step one, talk to Tom, or do you wanna unblock him first?" Val groaned and covered her face with a throw pillow. "Do I have to do it now?" She complained like a child.

"Yes, because in three, two, one," Toby counted and suddenly his phone on the living room table lit up. A notification. From Tom.

"Oh my God," Val sat up when she saw the notification. "He's still contacting you?"

Toby widened his eyes and threw his hands in the air. "Like, non-stop!" He exclaimed.

Val pouted and lied down again, kicking the air and screaming. "Why. Is. He. Doing. This. To. Me." She groaned. Toby sighed. He wanted to tell her so bad. "Stand up. Go. Talk. Call him. Chat him. I don't care. You look like shit."

Val halted her tantrums, feet still mid-air. "Why don't I surprise him?" She thought out loud.

- time skip brought to you by quacksons -

"Okay, so, he's at Zendaya's right now. I already talked to Zendaya and she said a driver will fetch me here," Val said to Toby and Kento. She was all ready to meet Tom again. She even wore a skirt. She didn't really know why. "Is it okay if I leave you with Toby for a while, Kent?" She said as she put stuff in her sling bag.

"Of course. I hope everything works out alright," Kento answered and went in the bathroom. Toby rolled his eyes as he looked out the window where a car is parked. "It's here." He informed, making Val panic.

"Oh shit. Oh shit. I don't even know why I'm going there. Oh my God, what will I actually say? Where do I start? God, am I actually doing this? What if he doesn't really care? What if he hates me? Shit. Shit. Shit. I'm panicking. How do I stop panicking? I should stop panicking. Val, why are you like this. Oh, my Go—" Val was interrupted when the doorbell rang.

Suddenly, Toby was beside her. "Just tell him you're sorry. Tell him everything. It's gonna be alright." He says slowly, reassuring her. Val nodded. "Okay? Breathe with me. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Good girl. Okay, you're good to go." Val smiled.

"You better not be rude to Kento, okay?" She whispered. "Yeah, sure, I don't give a flying fuck if he's rich. If he fucking pisse—" Toby stopped when Val glared at him. "Hey Kent! Call me if Toby's being an ass, okay?" She said to Kento who just went out of the bathroom. He grinned and nodded.