part 11

"Hey, sorry I was late,"Ezekiel smiled as the door opened and Adela folded her arms.

"It has been a long day,"he heaved out a sigh.

"Why don't we stay in and you can tell me all about it?"she pushed the door open wider for him to come in.

"Can we just stay in and not talk about it? I don't really..."

"Yes, we can,"Adela said and closed the door.

"Let's watch a movie,"she switched the lights off.

"Or we could do something else,"Ezekiel grabbed her hand and pulled her onto his lap as she sat down on the couch.

She straddled him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Like what?"she leaned her head down with their lips merely a hair's breadth away from each other.

"I don't know,"he whispered.

She covered the distance left between them and his hands wrapped around her waist. The thrill and excitement fueled her heart and her hand trailed down his sweater.

"Rip it,"he whispered into her ear.

Her lips curled as the kiss continued and she ripped the sweater apart, throwing it aside. He pulled her shirt over her head and tossed it behind them.

"A little brave, isn't it? Doing it in the living room,"Ezekiel pulled away.

"We live forever. What's there to be ashamed of?"she shrugged and her eyes twinkled.

Ezekiel stopped her when he felt his phone vibrate on the couch.

"Do you really need to get that?"she questioned.

"I'm sorry, darling,"he said and grabbed it, answering the call from Damon.

"Where the hell are you?"Damon questioned.

"With your sister. Why?"Ezekiel scoffed.

"So you left your vampire ex girlfriend on the loose at a carnival for me to handle while you eat my sister's face off?"

"She said she'll figure it out. She'll figure out that she needs me,"Ezekiel shrugged.

"After how many bodies? Get your ass to the school,"Damon scolded and hung up.

Adela climbed off of him and pulled her shirt on.

"That's where you were off to?"she questioned.

"To see your ex girlfriend?"

"Katherine got to her before my blood left her system,"he heaved out a sigh again.

"I had to check up on her. Things got out of hand at the hospital,"he said.

"I'll grab one of Damon's shirt for you and then we can go,"Adela said and headed up the stairs.

"You're sure?"he frowned.

"Why? Should I be worried of something?"she questioned and returned back to the living room, tossing him a sweater.

"No. Some girls don't entirely like the idea of an ex girlfriend in the picture,"Ezekiel said as he pulled the shirt on.

"I've lived over a hundred years. I don't play the petty girlfriend,"she rolled her eyes.

"If I was ever a girlfriend,"she added on.

They headed to the school's carnival and caught up with Stefan and Elena amidst the crowd of teenagers.

"I smell blood somewhere in the back of the school,"Stefan said.