Chapter Eight - The Burrow

Harry awoke later than usual the following morning, and was extremely warm and comfortable. It took him a second to remember what had happened the previous night. Then it all came rushing back to him in glorious Technicolor. He'd kissed Draco. More than kissed him, in fact. And it had been absolutely spectacular. For the first time in his life he was waking up in someone's arms, and Harry thought it all felt utterly brilliant. He smiled against Draco's chest, which he'd evidently curled close against during the night, listening the rhythmic thudding of Draco's heart, and feeling his chest rising and falling with deep, even breathing. Then Harry felt a moment of irrational, unfounded panic, as people often do when suddenly presented with something they desperately wanted. What if Draco regretted the previous night? What if he thought they were better just as friends?

He felt Draco stir next to him, and he opened one sleepy grey eye. He gave Harry a massive smile when he saw Harry staring at him.

"Morning," he said. Then he stroked a finger down Harry's cheek, tilted Harry's chin up, leant down, and kissed him soundly. Harry allowed himself to become lost in the kiss for a few wonderful minutes, relishing in the relief that Draco did indeed still want him, and the fabulous sensation Draco's tongue was drawing from him, before unwillingly pulling away.

"I need to get up," he said. Draco sniggered and ran a firm hand down Harry's body before allowing it to come to rest on the top of Harry's thigh.

"You are up," he said pointedly, raising an eyebrow. Harry felt himself flush.

"No... I mean... Teddy," he said, slightly flustered.

"He's not just your responsibility, you know," Draco said. "You've got up with him every morning for nearly a week."

"Yeah, and Andromeda does it every other morning when I'm not here," Harry countered. He leant over and kissed Draco once more. "I'd love to stay here in bed with you all day, but I want to help her out, too. Plus I'm due at The Burrow in an an hour or so. Besides, you or your mum could get up with Teddy as well you know, one of the mornings, if you're so concerned about me doing it every time. I'm the pregnant one here, after all."

He (very) reluctantly hauled himself out of bed, and, ignoring Draco's protests, grabbed his clothes and headed for the bathroom, where he took a quick shower before dressing. He realised as he was brushing his teeth that he hadn't stopped smiling once yet that morning- the exception being earlier when Draco had his tongue in his mouth.

He headed downstairs and found both Andromeda and Narcissa up, supervising Teddy, who was attacking a bowl of porridge with a spoon, as if it was a drumstick banging against a tom-tom. They both smiled at him as he entered.

"Sorry, Andromeda," Harry said, once he'd greeted them all. "I overslept this morning. I didn't hear Teddy wake up."

"That's fine, Harry," Andromeda said. "I should imagine you needed a lie-in after the night you had."

Harry's hand stilled on the roll he was reaching for. "The night I had?"

"We both heard you," Narcissa said. "You were quite vocal."

Harry felt his cheeks flame. Fucking fuckity fuck. "I... sorry... I... oh," he mumbled, wanting the ground to open up and swallow him whole and wondering what on earth Draco was going to say.

"That's OK, Harry," Andromeda said kindly, "no need to be embarrassed. I get nightmares sometimes too. I was going to come in and see if you were OK, but you quietened back down so I assumed it was fine."

"Oh! Um, yeah, it was," Harry said, relief that Draco's mother and aunt hadn't overheard anything he'd rather die before letting them hear flooding through him, "er, fine, I mean. It was just a bad dream. Sorry I woke you both though." He took a roll, breaking a piece of the crusty bread off and popping it in his mouth, more to make himself shut up than because he actually wanted it. Just then Draco entered the room, dressed in crisp charcoal grey robes and looking stunning. Harry couldn't pull his eyes away.