Chapter 7

Please, don't let me sleep

It's hard to see what I've become

How I created a monster

-Chase

[]{}[]{}[[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}

Normal had nothing to do with my life, but Green had given a sense of control. But without the calm, know-it-all, friendly attitude, he seemed completely different. October was coming to end and he seemed to completely distant. He was always 'working', never home to eat, and some nights he didn't come home at all. I know nothing about him so I tried to act like nothing was wrong, but when Gold started asking where he was, I knew that this wasn't normal behavior.

"So, your saying he doesn't come home at all? Hm..... Doesn't sound like him. Sure, he's a social butterfly but he loves Eevee, he'd never be far from her long." Gold stated, taking a bite of his grilled cheese sandwich, before turning to Silver. "What do you think Silv?"

"I'd love to say you two are over reacting, but you may be right. How long has it been since you guys have been in the house at the same time?" Silver answered.

"Almost a week," I sighed, placing my head into my hands. "What makes him withdraw from people? Was it something I could of said or done that ticked him off?"

"Honestly, he's not that sensitive to avoid all of us for this long." Yellow stated as she sat down near me. "I've never seen him avoid me for this long at least. He even stopped coming to school last week."

"New topic!" Crystal said as she half slammed her tray on the table, clearly oblivious to what she was interrupting. "There's a Halloween party going on this weekend and we are all going, no excuses, including Green, he can not back out of this one." The whole table looked at her, slightly frowning and shaking their heads.

"We can't even talk to him right now, he's completely avoiding everyone." Gold pointed out.

"Please, it's his last Halloween party through school, I'm positive I can convince him to come." Crystal sat down, a cocky smile across her lips. "I know his in's and out's, all his annoying buttons, and if I fail to get him to come to this party, I owe all of you dinner at whatever restaurant you please."

"Any?" Gold dragged out the 'y', clearly getting excited.

"Gold, this is how sure I am of this plan that I am offering your piggy self all the food you want."

Silver let out a laugh before commenting that he was in, followed by the rest of the table.

"What about you Red? Want some free lunch?" Gold asked, his grin growing wider.

"I-I'm not interested." I mumbled out before standing up to leave.

"Dude! It's free food, there's know way she can get Green to go."

I looked over at Crystal, noticing her ooze with confidence. She knew something by the way she smiled and made eye contact with me, making a silent challenge. "Yeah, I'm good. Bets aren't my thing." With that, I turned away from the group and left the lunchroom, wanting to clear my head. As I tried to get lost in the hallways of the old school, allowing my mind to drift where ever it wanted. As I passed a group of teenagers, I heard them hushing and shushing each other. I didn't even dare to look over at them, I knew what they were talking about. News of Chris traveled way to fast, making me an item to gawk and aw at. Some asked if I was ok, others would whisper when I passed. It was awkward, having other's feel like they knew me, I just wanted to escape from it. I pulled my hood over my head, trying to disappear into nothing.

"Red!" A voice called from down the hall. I looked up to see Shimmer, waving her hand wildly, as she approached me. "I need help in Simon's class. I forgot we had homework, can I copy yours?"

"Yeah," I responded, slipping my bag off my shoulder, pulling out a black binder. "Here you go." I handed it too her and she graciously accepted it.

"Thanks Red." She responded before nudging my shoulder, leaning close to my ear. "Green's outside, go yell at him." She pulled away with a smile and walked off like nothing happened.

What?

[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}

As Shimmer had said, the smug ass was outside, being handed books from some random kid. "Thanks Jones, I owe you a lot." Green spoke, placing the papers in his truck. The kid scowled, giving Green a glare.

"Get your ass back in school. I don't care what bullshit your doing, but your worrying your friends."

Green's faced hardened, "Tell them to fuck off. They can take care of their selves and I can do the same."

"Don't give me those lies, man up and make a decision, stop running away from everything." Jones snapped, leaving immediately afterwards. I watched him storm past me before looking over at Green, who looked confused. I walked up to him, angry.

"So, your so sick of your friends that your just gonna ignore them? Couldn't at least tell them that you need time? God, your such a jerk!" I snapped, jabbing a finger at his chest. A look of surprise crossed his face before he assessed the situation. He went to open his mouth but I cut him off. "No, don't you dare, no excuses. You are going to talk. I haven't seen you in a week, let alone have we talked. I get it, that I'm not your number 1 priority but what about Eevee? Gold and Silver? Where. Have. You. Been?"

Sighing and dropping his head, Green mumbled something under his breath.

"I didn't hear you." I stated, crossing my arms, frowning.

"I got nothing." Green said, picking his head up.

"Bullshit!" I shouted, shoving him. "What is wrong with you? People care if you disappear! I care. Your one of the first few decent people that I've ever met that I actually liked. Now you've gone off fucking it up. I believe that you hate me, that you want me gone. How am I suppose to de-"

I was suddenly grabbed, Green's arms wrapped around me, my face stuffed into his chest.

"Don't." Green breathed softly, "Don't ever think that."

I wanted to push him away, yell at him, maybe even punch him, but I couldn't. I was being hugged, trapped in by someone that reminded me of safety and warmth, someone that felt like home.

"So," Crystal asked from behind me, making me jump and Green's grip tighten. "Now that you two are good, wanna go to a party?"

[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}

A/N This wasn't quite how I wanted to make my come back but it'll do for now. Sorry for the wait, I have no idea where the time went.

-Chase