Chapter 6

Who we doubt is who we should trust

-Chase

[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}[]{}

Warning-Discussion of Rape

"Are you alright?" Green asked from where he leaned against the stone wall, his breath uneven, nose slightly bleeding. I looked over to Green, staring into his worried eyes.

"N-no." I stuttered out, curling up into a tight ball, feeling tears form in his eyes. Green shifted over to me, wincing slightly. He slowly placed his hand on my shoulder, being cautious that I would wince away. I moved towards Green, curling up next to him, tears falling as small noises escaped my mouth. Green wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him.

"Hey, I'm sorry. You're safe now." Green said, removing one of his arms, reaching into his pocket. He pulled out his phone, tapping 3 buttons before placing it next to his ear.

"911-What's your emergency?" A muffled voice asked from the other side of the phone.

"I'd like to report a rape and physical fight."

"Green? Please tell me that isn't you."

"Yeah, it's me. Now get someone down here now." Green hung up and turned to me.

"You hung up without telling them where we are." I commented, shifting closer to Green, welcoming his heat.

"They know where I am." Was all Green said before he scooted slightly away. "Red, is it ok if I ask what happened?"

I shivered at the thought of what had just happened. Chris, a multiple time sex offender, someone who Green had pointed out as a threat, had almost raped me. I was vulnerable, weak, and taken advantage of. Why would he do that? What made him feel he could do whatever he wanted? God, I made a horrible mistake.

"I'll take that as a no." Green responded before red and blue lights started to flash throughout the alley. "Took 'em long enough." Green shuffled to his feet before offering me a hand. I was still curled up in a ball, not daring to move. "Red, I won't hurt you. I'm just helping you to your feet." Green stated, being patient. A sudden thought crossed my mind, something that shouldn't of even come up again, something that I should of blocked. But I couldn't ignore it.

"Does Green really have the great of a hold over you?"

"It seems that you can't go one conversation without Green coming up. Does he have something over you?"

"Then maybe he fancies you or something-"

"Green," I spoke, wanting a response before I continued.

"Yes?" He asked, his voice the same as before.

"How come you're always saving me?" I watched his face closely, noticing no change.

"Cause you're always in trouble. I'd save everyone from their problems if I could but....I guess it doesn't always happen." He let out a sigh before turning to the officer getting out of the police car. "Took you long enough, you were literally a block away."

"You know the drill Green, paperwork if your a desk hugger."

"Not my fault you chose it." Green commented before focusing. "Got all the papers?"

"Here ya go." The officer responded, handing a small handful of papers to Green. "You can read them over while I talk to-...?"

"Red," Green responded, barely looking up from the papers. "His name is Red."