Chapter Twenty-Six - Wrath of Russia

Comenzar desde el principio

If Lilly was going to break away from the chains put upon her it would be by letting the wielders release her by their own free will.  If she or Sin directly targeted any of the people with devices they could break her deal.  She had found a loophole in the Devils deal and was going to take full advantage of it.

All Sin had to do is ruin the lives of those holding her hostage—and maybe, just maybe they will give up their control over Lilly.  He was happy to be able to finally support his Mistress in such a positive way.  He was glad he could finally be useful.

***

The coat may have been a bit heavy for Washington DC during this time of year but it was the only thing she had to conceal herself.  She made quite a presence in America as of like and would hate to be noticed—no one knew of her intentions except Nikon and her. Lilly decided to not jump right for the president.  Instead she stopped just short and took a calm walk through the night, this world was going to change in a few minutes—it was going to break out into chaos and she was going to be the cause.  Everything was weighing on her shoulders.

She was really going to do it, bring the entire world into meltdown.  There should be a moment of silence before she does this, before she carries out her orders, but there were things she needed to do.  Just like she made her presence known she wanted to make sure everyone knew it was her that killed the president, there would be no more blindly pointing fingers.  If someone was to take the blame it should be her, she deserves it.

The sun just finished setting and the temperatures outside were lingering around the fifties.  She looked out of place with the twenty-below-zero coat but even so strolled down the just darkened streets of New York.  People watched as she passed, but most just sped on by without a second glance.  She laughed as unknowing people ran blindly past the game changer, President Whattson’s future assassin.

Lilly picked up the smell of fresh baked bread from one of the corners and discovered a small family-run shop still serving warm pastries.  The store had a small line inside as hungry people tried to grab something good to eat before the shop closed for the night.  She turned the corner and waited in line.  A few minutes passed until she was first in line, a small number of people already behind her.  She was surprised of the popularity of this shop and wondered how or if it would operate once the government here ceased to exist, these poor people have no idea what’s coming—she locked eyes with a cloak on the wall, now eight-thirty, she was surprised how much time she spent aimlessly walking, but there really was no rush was there—what would happen would happen.

“What would you like ma’am?”  The shop assistant behind the counter beckoned for an answer.  The girl had red hair and looked to be around the age of sixteen or seventeen. Poor girl—probably won’t ever know a normal peaceful life. One Lilly could have easily had if she never pulled the trigger.  Working at a small pastry shop like this now seemed so trivial.

Lilly looked over the glass counter a bit as the girl behind the counter gave an impatient sigh.  Lilly caught a shrugging glance to the person behind her, the signal for saying ‘I’m sorry’ for Lilly not knowing what she wanted and holding up the line.  Apparently the girl never understood why people don’t choose their selection in the line before they got to the front. But like Lilly thought, trivial now. “That one,” Lilly pointed at a small chunk that looked like chocolate fudge.

“Two forty-nine,” the girl behind the counter recited the memorized price. 

Lilly fumbled through the pockets of the coat to find something paper.  She pulled it out, one thousand Russian Rubles.  The girl behind the counter looked at the foreign money with a nod of her head and the rolling of eyes.  Lilly then found a third pocket on the interior of the coat.  She found a wallet.  A smile broadened.  Lilly pulled the wallet out and found a credit card within.  Everything except the logo was Russian.  She handed over the card, Nikon probably wouldn’t mind if he bought for her.