Chapter 2

Godric picked Salazar up by the shirt and had harshly slammed him into the wall.
"WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" He yelled. Godric was hysterical with fury and rage. Salazar had kept himself together. He didn't attempt to surrender or fight back. Although, a ferocious beast was behind the chamber down the hall, waiting to sink its fangs into at least something.
Helga had come skidding down the hall, almost tripping. "All students are safe! The hufflepuff- wait what's happening?" She was genuinely confused. "What was that roar? Why is Salazar-"
"Shut it, Helga!" Godric snarled, without taking his eyes off of Salazar. Helga was a bit offended but she didn't back down. "Excuse me? There is some unknown beast in that chamber! And you two are caught up in an argument?! I won't accept it!" She yelled. Her outburst had shocked everyone. Godrics menacing glare had finally broken off as he dropped Salazar forcefully.
"Have anything to say about this Rowena?" He said with bitterness. All she did was fiddle with her necklace and stare at the floor. "Lets...Lets just focus on the horrendous beast thats about to possibly eat us all alive. Please." She said, as if Salazar had done nothing. Deep down, Rowena was starting to lose her trust in Salazar. "Okay" Salazar said. He ran a hand through his messy brown hair. "Let me fix it". The four words caused an outrage. "Fix it? Why you?" Godric said banefully.
"Because I made the mess!" Salazar yelled back. Another pernicious roar came from the chamber, shaking the floor. "Its my mess, I need to fix it."
   Without thinking twice, Salazar had taken his wand out and walked disquieted to the chamber. The three had stood afar, at a loss for words. Godric had only felt enraged, as if it was the only emotion he knew. Helga however, felt pity and compassion, wondering why Salazar had done this, and every question imaginable about this event. Rowena on the other hand wasn't as angry or upset. She had felt nothing. The three people standing afar were confused and hurt. Only one person had the burning urge to get to the bottom of it.
   Salazar stood in front of the large round door, facing it with dejection. He sighed and put his hand against the cold stone door. He felt its conniption and couldnt help but feel sorry for the Basilik. "Im sorry I did this to you. Don't worry, once they're all gone and this school is rid of mud bloods you can find your heir. Or, my heir." he whispered. Salazar stood back, the three behind him watching with trepidation. Salazar opened his mouth but it wasn't words. It was like he was hissing. "Whats he saying?" Helga asked, confused. "Hes not talking. He's hissing." Godric said. Helga was even more dumbfounded. "Pardon, but Im the only muggle-raised here. What do you mean hissing?". Godric sighed and stared at Salazar from afar. "Parseltounge". He said. Helgas memory kicked in. "Oh. The snake language" She said quietly.
  Salazar had finished and small clicks were heard throughout the basement. The stone door opened and revealed a giant room. In fact, it wasnt a room. It was like a cave. It was a long bridge over water with stone snake heads lined up against them. The chamber had an eerie emerald glow to it, while the shallow water beneath it rippled softly. At the end of the long walkway was a carving. Of what seemed to be of an older man. The carving of his beard had been carved into the stone behind him, attaching his head and oddly long beard to the cave stone behind it. Without a drop of fear, Salazar strided in, walking down the long, flat bridge to the giant head carving.
   Back in the opening, Helga wasn't even sure what she saw. Godric however was more than infuriated. His body could hold the irritation, the fury, the resentment. So, ignoring his friends, he stomped all the way to the chamber himself and onto the bridge. Salazar however was already in the clearing up ahead. Salazar had turned around and saw Godric, fuming at the end of the bridge. "Get out" Salazar said with no enmity. "Get out. Unless you wish to die". Godric had only stood there, breathing fast and hard. He resisted the burning urge of throwing the Cruciatus curse on his friend. He resisted the burning urge to run to Salazar and tackle him like a muggle. Godric resisted everything he could and walked at a cool pace, but the same shriek emitted from the depths of the cave. "GET OUT!" Salazar boomed with vexation. The roar of a beast coming closer shook the cave and Godric, causing him to stop. Helga and Rowena were stressfully watching from the opening. Salazar spun on his heels and walked closer to the sound of a gruesome beast.
  As he was finding the Basilik, Godric recognized his surroundings. How could he have built this without our knowledge of it? When did he have the time? Nothing was clear to Godric but the only thing on his mind was finding out what the hell a Basilik was doing in the basements of Hogwarts.
   Salazar stopped in his tracks, as he saw two beating yellow eyes stare him from the darkness ahead. Salazar oddly smiled. "Come here girl, I wont hurt you". He pulled out a locket from his pocket, showing an amber jewel with a snake S in the middle. He held it high for the Basilik to see with her menacing yellow eyes. A low grow has escaped the Basiliks scaly throat and it glided forward, coming into view. It was not as big as anticipated but deep down, Salazar knew the Basilik will grow over time. A long time. Salazar smiled as the dark colored giant snake slithered into light. It was over 20 feet long and its teeth were razor sharp with multiple layers. It did not lurch at Salazar head, because it knew its own master.
   Back at the opening, Helga was covering her mouth from screaming. Her and Rowena were overflowing with fear. Godric was scared, but also confused. He knew if he launched himself at Salazar, it would break the basilisk focus, causing it wreck havoc on everyone and everything at Hogawarts, so he kept his distance. Salazar pulled thick slab of meat out of his pocket and threw it at the Basilik. The giant snake caught it, and ate it like a barbarian. He then started to speak Parseltounge, but it sounded like hissing to everyone else.
  "Please leave my friends alone. You have to wait. Until my heir comes. You are safe here" Salazar spoke, but only the giant Basilik before him understood. The snake then hissed back. "I understand" That was all the Basilik said, before gliding back into the darkness of the chamber. Salazar sighed with relief, stuck the necklace back in his pocket and went back to the hallways of Hogwarts. He passed Godric, who then followed him out. Godric wanted to say everything at Salazar but for some reason, he found himself at a loss for words. Salazar waved his wand, and the stone door sealed shut. Salazar ignored the utterly terrified Rowena and Helga, and kept walking. "Why you little foul-" Godric let out a yell of anger and charged directly at Salazar. He collided into him, shoving him to the ground. Salazar was taken by surprise and his lip had started to bleed. Godric raised a fist and swung down, punching Salazar square in the jaw. Helga screamed and ran to Godric, pulling his shirt backwards and launched him to ground, away from Salazar. Oddly, Rowena calmly hoisted Salazar up and made sure he was okay. Godric and Salazar breathed heavily and only stared at each other with pure hatred. Although, the both knew that this violence was only the beginning.