"My turn," he cuts me off with a sharpness that shows he's still mad about the last question. "What's your middle name?"

Oh now he's back to the basic questions.

"Esme." I respond anyway. "Have you ever been in a relationship?"

He groans, throwing his head back. "What's with all these relationship and love questions?"

I look at him confused. "I've literally only asked you one other question about love, thank you very much. Now answer."

He licks his lips and shakes his head. "No I have not."

"Why?" I bite back, desperate to know the answer. Jace is a good looking guy, no one can deny that, so he would have no trouble getting a girlfriend, I want to know why he hasn't had one. Call me nosey, I don't care.

"Why do you have to be so damn annoying?" He rasps, growing irritated. "I answered your question, now it's my turn."

"I just don't understand-"

"Drop it, Nina," he growls, this has me closing me mouth even though I really want to ask about the topic more. He asks the next question. "Have you ever thought about being with another guy?"

I flinch.

What kind of question is that? Of course I've never thought about being with another man than Eric. He's always been the one that I thought about, and that hasn't changed. Or has it?

"W-why would you even think that's okay to ask?" I get defensive, not wanting to even think about anyone else besides Eric. It doesn't seem right, especially since I haven't talked to him yet about everything.

Jace is still cold from the last question I asked, because he stares at me with no emotion what so ever. "I answered yours, now you answer mine."

I don't even have to think about what I say next. "No. I have never thought about being with another guy."

"And now?" He fires back. I let out a shallow breath.

"Why did you bring me here if you were only going to insult me?" I question, actually wanting to know the answer.

"Nina-"

"No," I stop him. "Why? What do you have against me? Why do you constantly want to hurt me?"

"I don't," he tells me, but I can't believe him. "Now ask me a question."

My eyes widen in shock at how easily he's throwing this under the bed. Instead of insulting him more, though, I give him what he wants. "Why are you such a jerk?"

He smirks slightly. "I don't know, why do you always have a stick up your ass?"

I shouldn't grow more shocked with the words that continue to pass through Jace's lips, but I do. I'm angry. Fuming.

"I knew this was a bad idea," I shake my head, and get up. I'll call Braylee to come pick me up if I have to even though I don't want to see anyone from my family at the moment.

"Why are you so god fearing?" I hear him get up from his bed, the noise of his feet hitting the carpet a lot louder than you'd think. "Why don't you ever break the rules."

"Shut up, Jace," I say over my shoulder, walking faster to the door.

"Why didn't you let Eric fuck you?" I let out a frustrated noise, turning to him with anger.