Nova held her phone out towards me, so I looked at the picture that was there. It was of the party that was happening right now and at first, I didn't see anything wrong with it until I looked at the background and saw who was there.

       Jolie.

       "Nova, are you sure this party is happening right now?" I asked.

       "Yeah, listen to the hashtags," Nova said before reading them out. "Party before spring break. Craziest party happening. Get here now before it's too late."

       "She....she can't be there," I said. 

       "Maybe it's someone that looks like her," Nova said before scrolling for more photos. "Nope, it's definitely her. There's a close up....And she even posted something on her Instagram about it."

       After hearing that, I turned off the TV and got up from the couch before heading over to the door. Nova got up and followed me. "Are you going to confront her?" she asked.

       "Nope," I said as I put on my shoes. "I'm going to her house to see if her parents know where she is and if they do, see if they cover for her."

       "You want me to come?" Nova asked.

       "If you want," I said, so Nova began putting her shoes on as well. I then grabbed my keys and we left my house. After locking the door behind me, we got into the car and I drove to Jolie's house.

       Nova got out of the car as well instead of just waiting for me. I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer, but no one did, so I rang the doorbell.

       "Maybe her parents took him somewhere," Nova said. "There aren't any cars in the driveway."

       I sighed. "Yeah, I guess. If they know that Jolie is off partying and they offered to watch him, I'm going to be really mad. He should stay with me if she's just going to go off and party. I guess she really hasn't changed. Let's go."

       I was about to head back to my car, I stopped when I heard something faint that sounded a bit like crying. 

       "Hudson?" Nova asked. "What's wrong?"

       "I just....hear something," I said, walking back to my door and pressing my ear against it. The crying was definitely coming from there, and I could recognize my son's cry from anywhere.

       "Xavier's in there," I said.

       "What? Really?" Nova asked as she walked back over.

       "Yeah, he's crying," I said. "And I don't think anyone else is with him."

       "They wouldn't leave a three year old home alone, right?" Nova asked.

       I didn't answer as I knocked on the door again, but when I didn't get an answer, I called for Xavier. "Xavier?! It's me! It's Daddy!"

       The crying got louder, so Xavier probably walked over to the door. "I want Daddy," he said between sobs.

       "Is Mommy with you?"

       "No."

       "Is anyone with you?"

       "No."

       "Are you here by yourself?"

       "Yeah."

       I couldn't believe it. Not only did Jolie went off to party, but she decided to leave a three year old home alone.

       "Daddy, my tummy hurts," Xavier said. "I itchy."

       "Why?" I asked, but I already knew the answer before he said it. "Xavier, did you eat a banana?"

       I tried telling Xavier he wasn't allowed to have bananas by saying they would make him very sick, but he didn't understand. He was only three years old.

       "Yeah." He then started crying again.

       "I'll call 911," Nova said before taking her phone out of her pocket. 

       While she was on the phone with the dispatcher, I tried talking to Xavier to get him to calm down, but his allergic reaction was getting too much for him.

       Thankfully, it didn't take too long for the ambulance to arrive. The paramedics were able to open the door and as soon as they did, I rushed over to him and picked him up. He immediately dug his face in my shoulders. "You'll be okay," I said. "I got you."

       The paramedics had to take him to the hospital and, of course, said I get to go in the ambulance with him, so I gave Nova my car keys and told her to meet me at the hospital.

       While we were in the ambulance, they had to give him epinephrine for the allergic reaction. That was enough to do it, but they still had to examine him in the hospital to make sure the symptoms weren't there.

       Thankfully, they weren't, but they suggested keeping him overnight just in case.

       Nova shortly showed up and Xavier gave her a big smile. "Hi, Nova!" he said happily. "I all better now!"

       Nova smiled back. "I'm glad you are."

       Xavier then looked at me. "I stay with Daddy?"

       "Yes, you're definitely going to be staying with Daddy from now on," I said, which made Xavier smile brightly, but he looked a bit tired, so I suggested he take a nap. He nodded, but then asked if he could cuddle with me, so I got on the hospital bed beside him.

       A policeman soon walked into the hospital room. "So, why was he left alone?" the policeman asked.

       "Well, I have full custody of him, but he has to stay with his mother every other weekend," I said. "That was today and I dropped him off, but then my friend was on social media and saw pictures of his mom at a party. She decided to go to a party and left him home alone."

       "Is anything going to happen to her?" Nova asked.

       The policeman nodded. "We'll be taking her down for questioning, but it is more than likely she'll be charged with child endangerment, and she will not be having your son go over every other weekend. We'll have to contact social services, of course, so they'll make everything official. What is her name?"

       "Jolie Maloney," I said.

       The police officer nodded and thanked me before leaving the room. Things were not going to go well with Jolie, but she was getting what she deserved. Nobody should ever leave a three year old home alone, especially one that could get an allergic reaction.

_______________

Dramaaaaaaaa. :O

I'm so tired lol. But I'm going to say it now just in case I don't have a chance to say it tomorrow, depending on what my family is doing but HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ALL MY FELLOW CANADIANS. cx

I may not have a chance to update tomorrow (which is in 2 minutes lol) depending on what my family is doing for the day. We might not even do anything. :/ Idk we'll see.

Ooh, last year for Canada Day, we went to the Twilight Drive-In aka the drive-in that's in Riverdale. :O 

The Secret of Xavierजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें