"Bye, Xavier," I said, giving him a small wave. "I'll see you Sunday, okay?"

       "'Kay," Xavier said before running over to me and wrapping his arms around my legs in a final hug. He then went back inside the house, waving at me before Jolie closed the door quite loudly.

       I sighed before heading into my car, then driving back home. Now that Mom was at work and I didn't have to watch Xavier, I had no idea what to do.

       Well, I did have one friend, so I was hoping she would be free to hang out. I called Nova to see if she wanted to come over. Thankfully, she was free, because for the past two and a half years, I never spent it alone and I didn't think I was ready to start now.

       When Nova arrived, so was carrying two grocery bags. "So, I know you're feeling upset about Xavier having to spent time with his witch of a mother, so I brought a lot of snacks," she said. "Chips, chocolate, cookies, soda...."

       I smiled softly. "Thank you, though now it feels like I'm going through a break up."

       "How did Xavier take it?" Nova asked as she walked inside and closed the door behind her.

       "Not good," I said. "He really didn't want to be left with her, but there was nothing I could do about it. If I violated the terms of the custody arrangement, then I would most likely get even less time with him."

       "Even though she left and randomly came back?" Nova asked.

       "Yeah, because she didn't violate any terms," I said.

        "I just hope things work out for you in the end," Nova said. "I don't know Jolie that well, but I kind of have a bad feeling about it."

        I sighed. "Yeah, me too. How about we watch a movie or something while we eat all this food?"

       "Sounds good to me," Nova said.

       I let Nova choose the movie since I was fine with anything, and she was the one who randomly decided to bring some snacks for us.

       After choosing the movie, I put it into the DVD player and we sat down on the couch to watch it. 

       I wasn't really focusing on the movie though. I was too busy thinking about Xavier, wondering if he was doing okay. I shouldn't worry because Jolie was his mom and wouldn't want to have custody if she actually didn't want him, but....That couldn't stop me from feeling worried.

       Nova wasn't really paying attention to the movie as well. She was on her phone and soon sighed. "I'm so jealous," she said.

       "Of what?" I asked.

       "A party that's happening right now," she said. "The student council president is throwing it since it's almost spring break. It looks fun, but I'm not a party person anyway. I hate drinking, so people always end up judging me for not having alcohol."

       "People are stupid," I said. "Like not every single person has to have alcohol. I never. Well, mainly because I became a dad at fifteen, but still. There's nothing wrong with not having alcohol, especially when you're underage."

       "Exactly," Nova said, looking back at her phone. "The parties always look fun, but I'm always just standing by the side and just watching people have...." She stopped talking as she furrowed her eyebrows and looked closer at her phone.

       "What's wrong?" I asked.

       "I....She never changed," Nova said.

       "Who?"