Kiss Me Before You Go

Start from the beginning

Jimin was going to tell Namjoon about them being soul mates, but unfortunately the same day Namjoon told him that he got a boyfriend recently. A male Omega Jimin was vaguely acquainted with.

Kim Taehyung.

Namjoon was eighteen years old back then. To say that Jimin was sad was the understatement of the century, he was miserable. Jimin decided to not let Namjoon know about them being soul mates.

Maybe it was a somewhat selfish decision but Jimin decided it nonetheless, he will live with the possible consequences when the time comes.

Jimin chose to let Namjoon have some fun with his new boyfriend, and let him be happy with the other Omega. Jimin didn't want to pressure his best friend so he decided that it was best for Namjoon to discover the matter alone.

Namjoon asked Jimin many times back then if he found his soul mate. Jimin lied saying that he didn't find them yet. After a while Namjoon stopped asking him, he must have thought that Jimin would never find his soul mate.

Namjoon broke the hug, it startled Jimin out of his dark musings. Jimin couldn't stop himself from thinking that it would have been nice if the hug lasted longer.

But Namjoon's Omega boyfriend ruined it by joining them at the apartment's entrance. Ruined their hug, like everything else.

Jimin pouted when Namjoon headed towards his Omega boyfriend and kissed him handing him a medium-sized pink plastic bag.

Taehyung let out a weird sound (it made Jimin cringe) and ran towards the kitchen. Namjoon chuckled fondly following Taehyung.

Jimin heard his best friend asking Taehyung to give Jimin a slice of the cake. Jimin sighed forlornly.

Why was his life so miserable? Seriously. Why?

Jimin found himself thinking about the fact that Namjoon and Taehyung weren't twenty yet. They didn't know who their soul mates were.

Namjoon would be twenty in two weeks and Taehyung in one month. They have been together for two years, they naively thought that they were soul mates. How ironic.

Jimin hoped that Namjoon wouldn't reject him when he would find out that Jimin was his soul mate.

It would kill Jimin. Not physically (maybe, who knows?) but it definitely would kill him emotionally.

When Jimin entered the kitchen he stood beside Namjoon who was looking fondly at Taehyung. That made Jimin's blood boil, He hated it whenever he saw that Namjoon liked Taehyung but not him who was his soul mate.

Taehyung handed Jimin a slice of strawberry cake on a ceramic plate smiling widely like a fool. Jimin was surprised at the all-consuming hatred he felt at that instant. He wanted to erase that stupid smile from Taehyung's face. Jimin looked down at the plate in disgust, he felt as if he was swimming in a bubble of dark green jealousy.

Jimin glared at Taehyung. The venomous words left his lips without his consent. "I don't want to eat this, take it away from me you complete waste of space!!" Jimin growled.

Taehyung's stupid smile disappeared in an instant, replaced by a despondent expression.

Jimin didn't know why he insulted the younger, this wasn't like him. Jimin wasn't a poisonous snake.

Taehyung always has been kind to him, there was a time when Jimin was friendly with the younger Omega but after finding out that he was his soul mate's boyfriend, Jimin hated Taehyung that instant.

Taehyung was Jimin's opposite. He was kind, sweet and fragile just the society's typical Omega. But Jimin was bold, never shied away from expressing his thoughts. Sometimes he was rude and mean but only when it was necessary. Not like this, Taehyung didn't deserve his ire.