1 화

[EDITED]

Yoon Jihye's POV

" Hanbin wait for me !! " 

" Hurry up ! We won't be able to reach the venue if you continue to walk with this speed " he seemed annoyed .

" Cmon sorry , i was just packing my bag again to make sure that i don't forget the present we bought for Hanbyul! " Finally , i chased up with him and held him by the hand .

" What is this ? " He looked .

" Hands(?) Does this look like feet to you? " I laughed .

" Pabo " he smiled.

- a while later -

" Omma ! Appa ! We are here ! " We both entered the activity room of this luxurious hotel and greeted Hanbin's parents .

" Good that you guys are on time! Long time no see Jihye! " His mom stroked my hair while carrying Hanbyul , Hanbin's sister , in her arms .

" Yes omma , its been so long ! " I pouted . " Hanbin is busy with his trainee life and I'm too occupied by studies ... Even my mom complains that she don't see me so often since i live in the school hostel " 

Yes , I call Hanbin's mother omma , as she often takes care of me when my parents are on business trips and she is my mother's bestfriend . Further more , me and Hanbin was born in the same year as our parents plan to make us 'twins' , and we basically grew up together . 

"Hanbyul ah!! Happy 2nd Birthday!" I shook her little hands while Hanbin's mom carried her .

"Unnie annyeong " she replied with her cutest smile.

She is just way too adorable for you to not love her , that is why both Hanbin and I adore her so much . Even though we just turned 17 , I always take care of Hanbyul as Hanbin's omma drops her off at my house when she and her husband go for trips , so I'm sort of considered Hanbyul's 3rd mother .

" Here's a present for you sweetie , grow up to be a pretty princess okay? " i pinched her cheeks slightly.

" No matter how ugly she grow up to be , she won't be as ugly as you " Hanbin added.

"Yah KIm Hanbin , i give you 5 seconds to run because i smack the hell out of you" i rolled my eyes at him.

"Sorry sorry , it was just a joke! " he chuckled .

" Not funny "

The party lasted for about 3 hours and its already 8pm. 

" Aish , omma appa , I have to leave now , the curfew for the hostel is at 9pm " I apologised to Hanbin's parents before grabbing my bag to leave the venue.

"It's okay Jihye ! It was already a blessing to have you here ! Let Hanbin take you home !" they offered.

"Thank you! We will visit soon" We greeted before leaving the venue to head back to the hostel and dorm respectively.

-on the way back-

" Jihye... " he kicked the conversation started.

" Hmm? " 

"Do you think i should try survival shows to debut?" he asked.

" Eh??? Really? Are they finally offering you a show? I mean it doesn't hurt to try and isn't it your dream to be able to debut? " i answered.

" Hanbin... Don't lose any chance that you have right now , you might regret in the future if you miss it . Further more , you left your parents , you left me to train at the age of 12 , you must make these 5 years worth it " I stopped walking . Instead I held his shoulders and turned his body to face me .

"Don't be afraid ... I will be here for you always ... Just give it a shot ..." I gave him an assuring smile.

Sometimes i just wonder what me and Hanbin really are ... Are we a couple ? Do we like each other ? Are we just best friends? Or even just siblings? I always have this special feeling for Hanbin , not just a love towards a friend or family , but something more. 

" With your words , I'm going to accept the challenge . " He smiled back .

Just then , he reached out his arms and pulled me into a hug along this empty road . My head was on his chest and i can smell his perfume , the scent that i missed for the longest time.

" Thank you Jihye . Really needed those words " He stroked my hair.

I can hear his heartbeat from the position he hugged me , it was almost the same as mine , racing and pounding fiercely within the chest.

" Hanbin ahh... Why is your heart beating so fast ...? " With much confidence , i asked .

" Mhmm?? " he answered.

" Why is your heart beating so fast ....? " i repeated.

"Because you are here with me " 

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Annyeong readers !!!

So glad that I started off the story the way i wanted it to be and hopefully this very first chapter of <Selfless Love> is enjoyable for you :) Please feel free to comment for feedback !! Thank you !!

Love,

Yoon Jinyi