Chapter Eleven ~ Bambi

Start from the beginning

"Mm-hm," I hummed.

"Bambi-"

"Ava."

Cooper was cut off by the door opening and my small, petite grandmother's croaky voice.

And at that exact same moment, I dozed off into Sleep-Ville.

I woke up suspected hours later, but I did not open my eyes because I heard my grandma's harsh voice.

"Why are you here?" She sneered.

"I'm the one who took your granddaughter to the hospital while you were out playing bingo." Cooper sneered back.

"You ungrateful child - I wasn't at bingo!"

"Explain your tardiness." I could hear the smirk through his voice.

"I-I- none of this would have happened if you would have just stayed out of her life!" She cried dramatically, as I internally rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, it would have been worse." I heard the scratching of a chair moving back, indicating he was standing up from his previous sitting position. "She. Would. Have. Been. Raped." He emphasised each word and then by the clicking of the door, I assumed he left.

As I fluttered my eyes open, ready to face the wrath of my grandmother, I came to see Cooper the only one left in the room.

He looked exhausted and tired. His eyes were bloodshot red, his hair was messy, probably from him running his hands through it several times, and his clothes looked wrinkly like he'd been wearing the same ones for two days straight.

"Why do you look so tired?" My voice came out croaky instead of jokingly.

Cooper's head snapped towards me, and he looked almost relieved to see me awake. Running a firm hand through his soft hair, he took a few steps toward me.

"Because I've been here for two days, waiting for you to wake up."

"I've been asleep for two days?!" I cried, jumping up only to be stopped by a sharp pain in my wrist.

"Careful!" He jumped towards me, stopping me from moving anymore. "You might pull out your I.V!" He exclaimed.

"Why the heck do I have an I.V?!" I yelled.

"Ava, you've been asleep for two days, how else do you think they could get the medicine in you?" He inquired simply, like sleeping for two days was normal.

"But why was I asleep for two days?!" I cried again, pushing myself up into a sitting position.

"The doc said something about your body needing time to heal itself," he shrugged.

Before I could complain anymore, the door opened with Dr. Maxwell and my dearest grandmother behind her.

"I want him gone," my grandma ordered to the doctor, not realizing I was awake.

"Well-"

"No." I said firmly, making both Dr. Maxwell and my grandmothers' heads to snap towards me.

"Ava, my baby you're awake!" My grandma rejoiced with tears in her eyes, running towards me to embrace me in a hug.

"Pearl," I sneered, pushing her away.

"Ava, I'm sorry - I am foolish! I'm truly sorry for my actions towards you, I didn't know those things were going on and I'm going to make sure to make up for it and-"

"Don't apologize to me, apologize to Cooper."

"But-"

"He's the one who's been making sure I was safe, not you," I snarled, disgusted by my Grandmothers actions.

"Cooper I'm sorry," She said with no trace of emotion towards him.

"You have to mean it," I demanded.

"What?" She spat, confused with her face scrunched up.

"You have to mean what you say."

She huffed a breathe and turned towards Cooper.

"Cooper I'm truly sorry. I didn't want to be forced to apologize because I want it to mean something. You have protected my granddaughter when I couldn't. You are not what I expected to be. When I first met you I was ecstatic for Ava to have a new friend, especially a boy. But when I started to go around bragging to my friends that my Ava has a new friend I found out things about you that made me start to doubt myself. I didn't listen to them at first but when you brought her home late at night in boys clothes, it drew the line. I feel like an idiot standing here, because I'm the only bad guy in this room and I'd really like not to be.

"If you accept my apology Cooper, will you let me get to really know you for myself?" She asked in all seriousness.

Both me and Cooper blinked several times with our mouths hanging open. I could not believe my eyes.

"My parents taught me how to do a true apology," she confessed, "But seriously Cooper, I'm sorry."

After regaining his composure, Cooper finally spoke, "I'm sorry too, it was stupid of me to keep her out so late but I was having so much fun with her. You really have raised a great girl and I would really love to keep hanging out with her if that's okay with you?"

"Of course," My grandma consented.

I was let out half an hour later, fully dressed in clothes my grandmother gave me and was now waiting outside the hospital with Cooper. Currently, my Grandma Pearl was getting all of my medicine for next week from Doctor Maxwell.

I struggled to keep the hair out of my face and my eyes squinted in the bright sunlight. Unfortunately, Cooper didn't seem any better; he was still sleep deprived.

"How cool would of it been if I didn't accept your grandma's apology?" He questioned after a long silence, in a lazy voice.

And I laughed.

Hey guise!

I just finished John Green: The Fault in Our Stars and I cried my eyes out...for three hours and in the shower. Also I got Mac makeup; what makeup do you recommend - I'm a makeup junkie ;)

I'm also thinking of posting a selfie for my profile pic, what do you think?

That awkward moment when I'm failing L.A. Class...

Anyways thanks guys for being so patient, I was really packed all weekend, I got my report cards, I had to fundraise for my team, I'm seeing family tomorrow, and I just had a tournament last weekend.

Anyways thank you for being so amazing and I love yew guys - can we try to get my book to 1M reads :) and if you want to make a cover I would LOVE that :) and I love MSGing you guys so MSG away.

Wonderful banner made by: LoveAltJ

VOTE&COMMENT&FOLLOW

LALALOVEYEW&BUHBYE

≧◠◡◠≦✌