The Truth Comes Out

Rileighs P.O.V

We were at the reception, held at a fancy place with outdoor seating and had music as well. The bride and groom were happy, laughing with each other. I look at them and can't help but to feel....angry. Not at Jane. Not at Loki. But at myself.

It's my fault that I never told him. I think that's why Thor's angry too. He sees me and sits next to me. "How are you doing tonight?" He asks kindly. "Honestly, I'm angry. Not at them, but at myself." "Why's that?" He asks again as he gently held my hand. "Because I had so many chances to tell him, and I blew each and every single one." I said sadly as I gently squeezed his hand.

"That's why I'm angry too." He said as Te Hice Mal came on. "Do you wanna dance?" I asked as he nodded and stood up with me. We walked to the dance floor where Loki and Jane were. I put a hand on his shoulder as he put one on my waist and we started dancing.

I absent mindedly started singing along to the song. "You sing beautifully." "Thank you. My mother taught this song to me when I was little." I said as we looked at each other, not realizing how close we were to Jane and Loki.

"What's the song about?" He asked as he spun me around and brought me back in. "It's about a guy who cheats on his girlfriend, but wants her back. So he's talking about how sorry he is and that he really loves her and he knew how much pain he caused her. So he's basically apologizing and in the end, he ends up breaking up with her." I explained as Jane spoke up.

"Wow. What a beautiful story. How'd you know all that?" She asked curious. "Before my family died, my mom would always sit there and listen to it while telling me the story." I said as I suddenly realized what I'd said. "I thought your family was still alive. You just didn't live with them?" Loki said.

"Ummm.....y-yeah. I just don't like telling people about my life. It's nothing really. It's not important." I said as I let go of Thor. "Excuse me. I've had a wonderful night, but I do believe I should be taking my leave now." I said as I turned, only to be grabbed by my wrists.

I winced and pulled away while turning around. It was Thor. "What happened to your family?" He asked. I sighed and led them to a table away from the noise. "When I was Twelve, these three guys had come to our door and knocked on it. My mom's boyfriend at the time answered and they said something, then they started shooting. My mom tried to get up from her chair but got pushed back and was used as a shield by him. She got shot and the rest of my family came out while the guys, set the house on fire. The guys chased after him, while the flames grew bigger and I tried getting my family out, but was divided by the fire. I was grabbed by my older brother and was thrown out of the front door, while the ceiling....caved in...killing them instantly." I finished in tears.

"And since then, I've been living on my own. But it's really nothing to dwell on. I just care that two of my friends are happy. Even if we're not." I said as I looked at Thor. He nodded agreeing. "Is there something you guys aren't telling us?" Jane asked. I was about to say no when Thor spoke up.

"Actually Jane, there is. You see, from the moment I met you, I loved you. And Rileigh loved Loki. But, then you two started to date and we didn't want to hurt you guys. So we gave up our feelings, to let you be happy." Thor finished as he looked down. "Is this true, Rileigh?" Loki asked as I nodded.

I suddenly got up and grabbed Thor. "We have to go. Thanks again for a wonderful night and congratulations." I said as a tear fell. I quickly turned with Thor and walked away. "Rileigh! Wait!" I heard but I didn't stop.

"Where are we going?" "I thought after tonight, we deserve some frozen yogurt." I answered as we drove to my favorite place. We got our yogurt then went to my place to watch a movie.

We sat there until we finished our yogurt and eventually fell asleep.