12. Ignorance Isn't Always Bliss

Start from the beginning

"Careful there, don't want to fry my blood. May not be as easy as you think?" I sarcastically retorted. She held the taser up with satisfaction. 

"Blood is blood," She concluded and tucked the device back into her bag. "That was a warning. Try to get out of Rick's hold and you'll be electrocuted again, but worse." I nodded grimly and felt Rick wrap an arm around the back of my legs and lift me up. From my view I couldn't help but find him equally as attractive. His features were defined and perfected, just as Hilary's were. Rick's eyes lowered to meet mine and I sent him a sympathetic look. There was no way he was sifted willingly. "Let's get out of here." 

Together we left the cabin and I had to close my eyes as Rick ran with me in his arms, since the speed began to make me feel nauseous. I had no clue where they were taking me, but I prayed that the wolf pack would pick up their scent soon. It felt like seconds before I felt my body gently being placed on the cold ground, my back resting against a tree truck. My arms were still tied against my back, so comfort wasn't an option for me at the moment.

"You took a lot of things from me since you arrived," Hilary grumbled, pacing in front of me, "I led a great life before you arrived, well a good enough life anyway. Daddy spent more time in the office and mummy...I took my mother's life. She died giving me birth and now, now I am reborn. It's a bit paradoxical, don't you think?" Hilary stopped for a moment to assess my response. "Say something!"

"Who turned you?" I asked, my voice trembling slightly. I didn't want to admit that I was frightened and concerns for my life circulated through my brain. 

"Some dude at this club in Port Angeles that we went to a little while back," Hilary carelessly shrugged, continuing to pace. Rick remained quiet, leaning his back against the trunk beside me with his arms crossed over his chest. "Anyway, Rick said you tasted amazing! I want a sample." I frowned and pushed my back further against the trunk, half hoping that it'd turn into a portal and take me back to Emily's house, even if they were mad at me. 

"Wait! What do you planning on achieving by kidnapping me like this?" I asked her, attempting to keep her talking to stall. The pack had to find me sooner or later, someone on patrol had to stumble across us. Can't they smell their terrible stench that they complain about so much? Hilary's features scrunched up in anger.

"I love Paul so much...I was convinced that he was going to ask me to marry him soon and since she had gotten out of my way I thought I had a chance! I was there for him during his heartbreak and I comforted him" Hilary explained, however something she said struck a cord with me. 

"She?" Hilary's eyes met mine. 

"Stupid Ri--" A loud howl cut her off. I glanced up at the tree tops and smiled. Finally. Rick pushed himself off the trunk and glanced around with furrowed eyebrows. 

"What is that?" Hilary exclaimed. I followed her line of vision and smiled at the sight of a large black wolf stalking towards us, followed by a silver and brown wolf. I locked eyes with the silver wolf and he whimpered, lowering his head with worry. The wolf began to trot forwards, but the jet black wolf turned to him with a growl. The wolf stepped back into line and pinned his ears back in anger. "What have these wolves eaten? They are huge!" Hilary stepped backwards with fear.