~Chapter 9.~

After hours of sitting and chatting, drinking booze and eating, Matt and Clara were watching TV and laughing about how much of a rebel he used to be. Matt had his arm hooked over Clara's shoulder and Clara had her right hand resting on Matt's thigh. They couldn't be any closer if they tried, Claras side was pressed firmly against Matts. There was a long silence, and Clara looked up into Matts ocean like eyes and their fingers slowly interlaced. Her lips were slightly parted and Matt couldn't stop himself. He leant down slowly and their lips locked together gently. What felt like an eternity lasted, in reality, seconds, and Matt pulled back to look down at Clara's chiseled face. He ran his thumb over her check and shot her an ample smile that lit the room up. 

Clara's POV. 

Clara checked her phone and it was almost 11:30. She thought that her dad would be getting paranoid about her staying out late after what happened.. 

"I really don't want to, but I'm going to have to go." Clara dully admitted. She pecked softly on the cheek, stood up, and walked towards to front door with her arm interlocked with Matts.

"I had such a good night." Matt said as he admired Clara's beauteous face. 

"So did I. We should do it again?" Clara agreed, pressing her hand to Matts chest and pecking his cheek once more. Matt opened the door and sneakily looked her up and down as Clara left and began her walk back to her house. 

Matts POV.

Matt slowly sat back down on the couch and slumped into the corner of it, he raised on leg up beside him and replayed the last few hours over and over again in his head. He couldn't help but smile at the thought of kissing Clara. 

"Well?" Came a musky voice from the kitchen. 

"Well what?" Matt replied hazily. He took a swig from his lager and struggled to keep his eyes open.

"How did it go?" Moose said as he sat on the arm of the couch.

"It went really well actually. We kissed." Matt confessed as he rubbed his chest with his free hand. 

Moose smirked over his shoulder at Matt.

"Are you sure you didn't get her into bed?" He jested.

"No I did not! I've only known the girl for a couple of hours!" laughed Matt.