Behind The Reasons

"Ten Things I Hate About You" Is the story of our main character (MC) and the victim (Who The reasons are written about). And here is the breakdown of the Ten reasons not in rhyme.

Reason 1: "Fake Friends"

This is the opening reason and for many reasons, I thought it'd be best show first. How better to start something off then to tell where it all started? The victim left our MC for a new group of People and to the MC and their original group. Giving the victim a toxic group of new friends, More known as "The Fakes". This Poem is about the beginning, How all the harsh vibes had started. This is how 10 Things started...

Reason 2: "Vodka"

Taking a little more of a serious turn to something worth the hate, this poem is about how the victim had started drinking. As the poem goes further, you begin to find the victim had started an addiction which the MC didn't approve of. And when the victim leaves them for a new group of friends, the idea that the victim wouldn't be ashamed for drinking anymore was thought to be one of the reasons she had left.

Reason 3: "Anxiety"

The Victim and the MC bonded over their anxiety, this is expressed a little throughout the poem. The MC then goes to explain that they felt the Victim was using it against them. Claiming while the victim was asleep, the thoughts of them kept the MC awake. As the poem continues, you find the MC over coming the reason for anxiety and pushing it away from their thought process, leaving the victim using that tactic useless.

Reason 4: "Your Looks"

This explores the MC and The Victims insecurities about their looks. The Victim is into makeup and feels as if it hide the crack in their mirror (her broken emotions from showing in her face) And the MC and their friends continually compliment the victim who doesn't accept it. At the end, the last four lines are the MC's final way of telling the victim that's she's beautiful. Wether it works or not is up to your opinion.

Reason 5: "Suicide"

This explores how the victim was Suicidal. And their intentions greatly effected the MC's thought process. It is seen how MC felt lost because they couldn't do anything to help the victim. The MC then began to fall for the same feelings as the victim, but ultimately snapped out when they realized other people needed them.

Reason 6: "Secrets"

The victim was a keeper of many secrets. Some the MC feared that the secrets would soon wrap around the Victim. It shows how the MC fears for the moment when the victim will have to answer to the secrets and fears that it may break the victim even more.

Reason 7: "Smiles"

The victim was one for faking to keep up appearances. Their fake smile seemed real to everyone except our MC. The MC saw through it and wanted the Victim to know that they knew. The reason the MC knew was said halfway through with the "as you know, I did it too"

Reason 8: "Harsh"

The Victim made MC feel bad about who they are. The MC had to take time to think this through, and after breaking their relationship, you see that the thought of having been as close as they were now embarrassed the MC.

Reason 9: "Scar"

This is the story of the second to last encounter between the Victim and MC. This was probably the harshest of all their meetings. There is a shock when the victims hand meets the MC's face. It's because there was this thought that there was still a lasting respect between one another. But when the victims hand met the MC's face, they scratch the MC's face leaving a scar. This scar resembles another scar added to all the emotional ones. And also serves as a reminder of what the Victim will do out of anger and hatred.

Reason 10: "Eyes"

This is the last conversation our two characters will ever have. For a moment, there's a hope that things may work again. They get up and hug, maybe it's a goodbye, or maybe it's that they solved their issues. But from the side, The MC sees the scar from the mirror, and begins to remember all that has happened. The MC forces themselves away from the victim and ends with the lines:

"We can't try
So don't wait,
Walk out the door,
It's your best trait."

This shows all the times the victim has left the MC. And the door is open for readers to interpret what happens next.

Why have I called the person who did all these things the victim? Because they are a victim to these reasons and Poems. These Poems could very well be lies to exaggerate the truth, or they could be the exact truth. Either way, the victim had become a victim to whatever the MC says.

I have decided to leave out the genders, type of relationship and ages so that the readers can conclude what type of relationship this is and use their imaginations. I wrote this poem about two people, because this is the story of their relationship.

What do you think happened after the final word?

What other questions do you have?

-Lils😉