seven

nightclubs

"C'mon it'll be fun!" Simon mocked JJ's words in a high pitched tone. He sat hunched over the bar by himself, his best friend lost in the crowd of sweaty dancing bodies. He waved the bartender over with the slight flick of his wrist.

"Yes, sir?" The bartender asked as he cleaned one of the glasses he held in his hands.

"Another round of whatever the hell I had before." Simon let out a sigh and rested his chin in his hand.

He observed everyone around him as he sipped his drink. The music was blasting, practically making everything vibrate around him. The lights were fluorescent and extremely bright which caused him to squint most of the time.

Just as Simon thought he had spotted JJ a man slid into the stool next to him, blocking his view. Simon cursed under his breath and arched his body to see around the stranger. Realizing he missed his chance, he huffed and slumped in his seat.

"Rough day?" The stranger next to him raised an eyebrow at Simon. Simon shrugged slightly and took another swig.

"I was dragged here by my idiot friend, and now I can't find him so you could say that. What about you?" Simon was fixated on the stranger. He looked him up and down. The man looked a bit like a dad if he did say so himself, maybe a couple years older than Simon if he had to guess. He had a full beard that was dark brown like his hair and he had warm brown eyes.

"I'm in the same boat." The boy waved the bartender over and ordered some sort of vodka. Simon crinkled his nose at the smell of his cup and pushed it away. The stranger next to him seemed to be happy downing the drink he was given.

Simon tapped the countertop out of boredom, not knowing what to do next. He glanced at his watch which read 11:35 pm. Only a couple more hours to go. Whenever JJ dragged Simon out of the comfort of their home they ended up leaving the nightclubs at around 2am.

"Anxious?" The older boy asked Simon out of curiosity. Simon realized he was talking about the nervous tapping he was currently doing. His cheeks flushed red and he immediately stopped.

"Oh yeah, just a bit. I hate nightclubs. I feel like I'm suffocating whenever I'm in one." Simon nervously smiled. The older man nodded and shot him a grin, understanding what he felt.

"We can go outside if you'd like?" Simon thought for a moment and decided it was best if he got fresh air.

"I don't normally leave nightclubs with another man, especially when we have both had some alcohol. Plus, I don't even know your name so consider yourself lucky." Simon joked as he got up from his stool. Josh chuckled and got up as well.

"I don't normally take pretty boys like you home, but the name's Josh." Josh smirked. Simon's eyes widened and he felt a blush tint his milky white cheeks. Josh sure was smooth.

"Well Josh, I'm flattered to be your first. My name is Simon." Simon followed Josh towards the exit, happy to leave the place.

Josh led Simon through the club, squeezing between the crowd. Josh put his hand on Simon's lower back in order to not lose the blonde boy. Simon jumped a bit but soon relaxed as he felt Josh's hand on his back. Simon practically melted under Josh's fingertips. He felt the brunette guide him towards the exit. Simon never felt so flustered in his life, this boy was doing things to him that he's never felt.

"Finally." Josh happily sighed. Simon leaned against the wall of the building and watched as Josh dug into his pocket. He kept his gaze fixed on Josh, watching as he pulled out a cigarette and a lighter. Josh brought the stick to his lips and lit the cigarette. He took a long drag and blew the smoke upwards into the air.

"You want one?" Josh offered Simon before he put his lighter away. Simon shook his head as Josh put his lighter away.

"I don't smoke." Josh nodded and took another drag.

"I wouldn't expect pretty boys like you to, nor like smokers." Josh watched as the smoke drifted into the night air. Simon's cheeks burned.

"I may not smoke, but I happen to find brunettes that smoke attractive." Simon easily shot back. Josh smirked, clearly surprised that such an innocent boy could come up with a comeback that quickly.

"Well from what I know we happen to meet each other's standards. Mind if I get your number?" Josh flicked the cigarette to the ground and crushed it under his shoes. Simon pulled out his phone and handed it to Josh. Josh did the same.

Just as they gave each other's phones back a guy came out of the club, looking around. Once he spotted the two he walked over. Simon had to squint to see who it was, not recognizing the dark figure at first.

"Hey, Si. I was looking for you everywhere. We gotta go man, Vik needs us at home for something." JJ approached his best friend.

"Alright, let's get going then." Simon turned to Josh and gave him one last smile. "See you around?" Josh nodded as JJ pulled Simon away.

"For sure." Josh waved goodbye, going his own way. JJ wiggles his eyebrows and made suggestive faces at Simon, causing his face to burn. Simon swatted at JJ in embarrassment.

"Oh shut up, jide." Simon huffed. JJ threw his hands up in defense. Simon took one last look at Josh, smiling as he walked the night streets with his best friend. "He's different." Simon mumbled.