Part 2

Phil was tapping his table, swinging a little wildly backwards and forwards on his chair. His legs were shaking. Why was he so nervous? It was only a revision session. With Dan.

"He's your student," he muttered under his breath, digging his nails into his thigh. "But still..." His brain said.

Phil shook his head and tried to
compose himself. He looked up at the clock, Dan was late. No surprise there at least. But it was making him tense. What if he didn't come at all? Oh dear god Phil would feel so stupid.

At that moment Dan walked into the classroom, smiling at Phil.
"Hi Sir, sorry I'm a little late, Miss Edwards kept me back for doodling on the desk," he said cheerily.
"You're quite arty then?" Phil asked him.
"Secretly, Sir," he said shyly, pulling out a sketch pad from his bag. He sat down and slid it across the table to Phil, who carefully picked it up and flicked through it. He looked at Dan's cartoon doodles, his still life's, even his self portraits. He was even beautiful in pencil.
"They are really good Dan," Phil said truthfully, handing the pad back to Dan.
"Thanks sir," he blushed deeply. "I have never shown anybody that before."

But Phil wasn't just anyone to Dan.

Phil diffused the tension by grabbing a sheet of notes from his table and sitting down opposite Dan.
"Done your homework like I asked?"
"Yes I did it last night Sir, I hope it's alright," Dan passed him the homework and watched him scan it.
"You have got most of it right but have a few facts off, want to go over them now?" Phil asked him.
"Yes please." Dan said enthusiastically. He really wanted to do well now, it's like Sir had flicked a switch inside him and now suddenly he was acting, well like who he was. He was ignoring parties and girls, focusing on all his studies, trying to catch up with everything. It was weird, but it made him feel good.

Phil pulled a pen out of his pocket and circled some of his mistakes. Dan took the paper off him and looked through it.
"Sir i didn't get what this bit meant." he pointed at one of the circled numbers. Phil stood up and walked around so he could face the paper better. He leant down and started to write on it, explaining what it was showing about the source. Dan didn't listen. He was holding his breath, Mr Lester was inches away, leaning over him. He could feel the heat coming off his skin, and the smell of...raspberries?

"Sir?" Dan stopped him abruptly.
"Yes Dan?"
"Why do you smell of raspberries?" He asked, a thoughtful look clouding his eyes.
"Erm... Don't tell anyone but I use raspberry shower gel. It's sort of my guilty pleasure," he said, blushing.
"I won't tell a soul, but it smells really nice and sweet," Dan complimented him. Phil wriggled slightly then accepted it.
"Thanks." he said, smiling down at the hazel haired boy. He saw Dan's cheeks dust over with pink blush as they locked eyes. Phil darted his away quickly. He desperately didn't want to start falling for his student, but it was getting increasingly difficult not to.

He leant back over beside Dan, accidentally brushing his arm in the process. He head Dan's intake of breath, but decided not to 'look at him. He couldn't dare. He started explaining how the gallows had many names and how they worked (so romantic) while he felt Dan stare at him.

Once he had finished explaining, he decided to chance looking at Dan. He saw him with stars lighting up his eyes, making his face glow with happiness. Dan smiled back at him, his dimple popping on the side of his face. He was too beautiful. Dan started briefly moving towards his teacher, he couldn't help it. But the shrill noise of the bell went off and he ducked his head, sighing under the table as he retrieved his bag.

Phil's tongue was twisting inside his mouth, unsure of how to react at all, but found the courage to say something after the wave of crackling electricity had just flown over them.
"Same time next week?" He asked, smiling a little. Dan nodded eagerly, and waved, walking away from Phil and out the room. As soon as he was out of sight he slumped against the wall. He had almost leaned in to kiss his history teacher. And he had leaned in too.