The agony is indescribable.

My eye clench shut as pain expands through my chest. I try to push the water out, but she just forces it back in. Gagging, I thrash on the ground pathetically. Water slips through my fingers as I try to push it way.

Anger joins the fear in my stomach as I try to understand why Gisa would push me in front of the Silver. She knew I was trying to get us out of the way of danger, yet...

I push the thoughts away. I can be mad at her later, right now I need to get away and save both of us.

I can vaguely hear the crowd screaming in excitement as they watch the scene before them. They beg for my flithy red blood to be spilled, for the strongarm to tear me apart limb by limb.

To the left, I see a blurry Gisa being backed into the corner by the other two silvers, Plotemus leading. I shake in frustration and terror. The thought that he may take another one of my siblings makes my efforts to get out even more frantic.

I try desperately to sit up, but the water pressing down on me increases. As black edges into my vision, I thrust my hands above me into the water and let out a burst of electricity. It courses through the liquid and into the nymph's hands. She shrieks, losing control for a split second. The water sloshes away, leaving me gasping and choking for air.

I flail, managing to grab on to her ankle. I pull her down and twist until I hear a loud crack. I cringe, the nymph wailing in pain. She reaches down and claws at me. Her sharp nails scrap against my face and I grunt as they come back bloody. I shock her with a grunt. The nymph's screams die quickly as she passes out.

The Silvers in the stands glare at me in hatred.

"Killer!" They shriek. "Get her!"

I gasp for breath, letting go of the nymph's broken ankle. Tiredness engulfs me suddenly as I force myself up. My lungs throb and my sparks dance weakly beneath the skin. Groaning, I stumble over to Gisa.

The Strongarm looks back at the sound, chuckling. He glances down at the fallen Silver, his face turning to stone before letting out a cry of rage. The Strongarm is strong and fast, but not coordinated. As he runs toward me, I stepside quickly. He passes me and I reach out and touch his arm. I shock him and he falls, smashing his face into the ground. The Strongarm groans and to my pleasure doesn't get back up.

"Mare!" A shrill voice screams. I turn to see Gisa knocked into the wall with so much force the wall has little cracks into it. She falls to the ground and doesn't move. I freeze, my heart stopping as red blossoms underneath her.

Blood.

As Plotemus raises his blade above his head to stab her, I snap into action. With as much strength as I can muster, I hit him with lightning so harsh it blinds me for a moment.

His body moves in jerky motions, the muscles clentching as electricty races through them. For a split second I can feel his every nerve, I can feel everything that the lightning does. I make it tear through his body, channeling the pain of losing Shade, and possibly losing Gisa.

However, before I can go on and rip apart him apart from the inside, my lightning seems to evaporate. Plotemus falls to the ground, shakes racking his body. Doors open and Wren runs in, attending to him first.

And then, as the haze of rage fades I notice the silence. Not just the Arven's powers pressing down on me, but the Silver's in the stands. They're screams of hatred have died down and are instead replaced with looks pure disgust.

Shrinking slightly from their gaze, I glance up at Maven. He has the smallest smirk on his face, which is quickly replaced with a look similar to those of the Silver's above me.