Paper and pencils

Paige looked over at Tony from behind the notepad resting on her knees. Every day she would draw random pictures, anything from kittens to murder victims, but at 2:30 (Tony's nap time) she would always draw him. Paige had gone through endless amounts of blue and yellow colored pencils, all wasted on failed attempts to draw this man. No matter how many times she tried, and no matter how much effort she put into it, she just could not get him to turn out like she had wanted. But how can you capture the graceful way he walks? Or the joy in his smiles and the sorrow in his frowns? It would take a whole lot more than a box of colored pencils to capture the depth to his eyes and the knowledge beneath them. She sighed and set her notepad down beside her. Ages ago she had noticed that the quiet ticking sound he made slowed down when he slept, but of course, she would never tell him that. She knew he would only frustrate himself over his own inconsistency. She laughed to herself softly, thinking about how he would react if she changed her own consistency, and tried to tell him how she actually felt about him. Maybe he would consider it a waste of time, mucking around and talking about emotions and feelings. Some day, she thought, she might try to explain. But for now, Paige was perfectly content on just watching the clock man sleep.

<3