Chapter 15

Equally satisfied after spending some time with Lori, Curry strolled back home in the darkness of the night. But still his thoughts were somewhere else. He couldn't take his mind off Chyenne, although he knew she prefered Heyes, he couldn't help thinking about her.

And Heyes, well knowing him, made Curry absolutely positive, there had been some romantic activitys already.....in fact he himself had told him to persue the issue.........

Curry chuckled as he walked along. Heyes was a total goner.

Suddenly he heard some muffled sounds coming from an alleyway, and he quickly hid in the shadows of the adjacent house.

"I tell ya', there was something about that guy " a gruff voice stated.

"Don't matter, Rex told us to locate the woman, not some cheap mediocrity of a cowboy.."

Curry flinched as he hid in the shadows, Whitey Bunch boys, he figured.

"Did you see any in there?" the squeak voice said.

"You oaf! Ya' really think a woman like her is around saloons?" gruffy said.

Curry heard what sounded like a slap on the head and then an 'ouch', then footsteps leaving in the other direction.

Boy, those guy's weren't the sharpest tools in the box. He peaked around the corner, just to make sure they were all gone. He wondered just if that Bunch ever had any success in holding up stages or robbing banks. Their appearence made it pretty obvious that they weren't too bright, well  they might have had some luck in it, as there was a reward out on them. Together they were worth quite a bit.

He stepped out from the shadows and started walking back home to the boardinghouse, all the time pondering just how to get these two clowns to leave before spotting Chyenne, and recognizing him and Heyes in the process.

As he entered the boardinghouse, he saw a sight he never thought he would see. The light was dim, just a small candle had been lit on the table in the kitchen, and in the far corner in the old rockingchair, sat Heyes and Chyenne. She sat in his lap, all cuttled up with her arms around him and with his arms around her, sleeping.

Curry smiled as he removed his hat and put it on the table. He gave a knowing glance to his partner, and tiptoed over to them.

"You guys okay? " he murmured and gave a nod towards Chyenne.

The glare he got from Heyes told him all he wanted to know, and he retreated slowly to the table, grinning wryly. He took his cup and checked the coffee pot, it was still hot! He poured himself a generous amount of the black liquid. Bless Chyenne, he was about to take a sip as a thought occured to him, it could have been Heyes cooking the coffee, he looked at Heyes.

Heyes closed his eyes, sighing. Then as he opened them again he nodded.

"I made it okay!" he whispered as he held Chyenne close to him, "Ain't nothing wrong with it!"

Curry raised his brow at him, holding the cup up almost examining it, then he lowered it and, slowly,deliberatelly slowly, he took a sip from it. Trying to compose himself and swallow the coffee, he knew that Heyes was now about to explode in the rockingchair. He stole a look in his direction.

He was right.

Heyes was seething. But he kept his calm.

"Just give it a rest will ya'? " he asked as he breathed through his nose, his dark eyes pinning his partner.

Curry chuckled.

"Okay"

He sat down and observed his partner holding Chyenne over in the rockingchair.