She was wearing another dress Millie had bought to her some days ago, this one a more modest model , and it snug around her body very nicely, very nicely indeed.

"What?" she finally managed to croak out. She was absolutely sure he could hear her heart beat.

He wanted so much to kiss her, to tell her that she was in his thoughts from the moment he woke up till the moment he went back to sleep, heck, she even was in his dreams at night. The nights he could get some sleep.

Instead he had to tell her, give her the bad news, about the man she had killed. Him and Kid had decided it was about time to tell her, to make her aware of the danger she was in, IF ever the Whitey Bunch found out her whereabouts.

"We have to tell you something "

Chyennes heart sank in her chest. WE have to...not I have to.

She pursed her lips and lowered her eyes to the floor. Of course, now it was gonna come. They wanted her to leave...that was it! Right now she was just a burden to them. She knew who they were, and she knew that they couldn't waste their time, caring for her. They had done enough as it was.

She was all healed up and everything. Off course, it made sence.

Heyes put his indexfinger under her chin, lifting it up, looking back into her eyes, giving her a warm smile. He had to put his jealousy to the side for a moment.

"Chy...c'mon, cheer up!It's not the end of the world, it just complicates things. A little."

Now she was confused.

"What?"

He let go of her chin, and quick as a snake, placed his hand on her waist, as it was the most normal thing to do, still holding her gaze. She became very aware of the location of his hand.

"Well Chy " he started, "The man you killed has been found and identified. It's James Canton."

Chyennes jaw dropped, her mouth was moving, but nothing seemed to come out.

Then she finally found her speach and hissed:

"What? Was that James Canton? Nooo!"

She looked back at Curry, hoping he would tell her it was all wrong. But he just nodded seriously to her.

"Sure was James " he started, then he looked inquiring at her, "You know who he was?"

Heyes spun her back and looked questioning at her.

She smiled a sheepish, unsecure smile back at him, shrugging her shoulders.

"Yeah...you know, being a sheriff's daughter, and all?"she said apologetically, not really wanna reveal the ugly truth, "I've heard of him!"

"Uhu?" both of the men said in unison, both of them giving her stares that made her shudder.

"Care to tell us exactly how?" Curry demanded, his eyes fixing on hers.

"No. Not really" her eyes started to water as she thought back all those years ago, when he had raped her, stabbed her and beaten her senseless, "It hurts too much!"

Heyes removed his hand slowly from her hip.

She squirmd a little before sitting back down on the chair next to Curry. Her pulse speeded in her veins.

"Hurts too much?" Heyes said with and edge to his voice, beginning to understand.

She looked back and forth between them before deciding that she would tell them what happened.

"James' worth quiet a bit. Who got the reward?" she started out, fearing this more than anything.

Heyes was the first of the two to speak. He smiled stiffly at her, even though his inside was beginning to shake with rage.