What the heck?!

The girls nodded in agreement as I watched in horror.

I cleared my throat. "Can we change the topic? I don't really like where this conversation is going," I say to them, but they totally shrug me off and continue.

“She’s right. You always get in the way with every guy that asks her out. You torture them into doing the weirdest stuff and interrogate them using that amazing brain of yours that literally scares them away,” Hazel says.

But before Andrew could say something, Hazel beat him to it. “But just like what Marie said, without you in the picture, no guy will be holding back this time.”

“WHAT THE HELL GUYS!” I shout in exasperation at the conversation that they’re having about me.

To my dismay, they completely ignore me, again, and continue their banter. “HAHA! I might not be there anymore but I still have eyes and ears in campus. So whoever dares will still have to face my wrath.” Andrew’s eyes were filled with a terrifying glint as he said those words.

My best friends just laughed at him though. They laughed. “Well, let’s just see about that,” Ren says in a challenging tone.

“Uggh… You guys are impossible,” I say as I slap my forehead. The nerve of them talking about that topic right in front of my face.

Honestly speaking, I never really cared about the guys that ask me out because I never lead them on. If they ever want me to be their girlfriend, I always politely decline and just settle as friends. So basically, Andrew’s efforts to scare them off are practically useless because I never encourage them anyway.

“Yo, Andrew!”  One of his friends shouts over the music as they pop out of the crowd and calls Andrew to join them.

“Well, there’s my cue. Have fun on your last day of summer girls.” Andrew pats my shoulder and winks at the girls before leaving. Wait, did my friends just swoon?

“Oh my, your brother is just so freaking handsome Ally. We will definitely miss him,” Ren says with a pout.

“Along with the whole female population in school,” Hazel says casually.

I groan. “Yeah, right.”

Andrew had quite a reputation in school and was really popular. Being one of the smartest and athletic had its perks, which in his case had most of the girls swarming around him all the time.

“Anyways, it’s our last chance to go all out and have fun since classes starts tomorrow already.” Marie says as she begins to push us towards the dance floor. “So what are we waiting for? Let’s party!” She shouts and we all begin to dance to the music.

Different bands continue to play on stage and we sing along to the songs while simultaneously dancing and jumping to the rhythm. We’d been doing it non-stop for about an hour already but we still can’t get enough. If I knew that partying was this fun, then I would have done it a long time ago.

There was a moment when I was so lost dancing that I didn’t realize that a guy had already had his hands on my waist. I was so surprised that I practically stumbled in a haste to get away from his grasp. From then on, I tried to stick to where my friends are and to be extra careful when a random guy suddenly dances with me.

 It’s a surprise Andrew hasn’t barged in the moment guys started to dance with me, but we haven’t seen him since he left. So he’s probably having the time of his life as much as we are at the moment.

Then the most unexpected thing happened.

The music stopped playing and everyone in the building froze. My friends and I looked at each other, confused. What was happening? Murmurs started to erupt in the crowd and all eyes were on the stage.