"Of course Mama, it is your husband's house, you can do whatever you like. "

"OK, Dembe, or is it D nowadays?  Hurry up, with those groundnuts, I need them for tonight's soup. "

I knew she wanted to tell me to hurry up and not keep Kojo waiting, truth is, neither did I!

I finished my duties more quickly than usual and ran off to the stream. I was eager to know what he had to say and I also wanted to get away from Mama and her constant teasing.
"D, the village beauty. "
That woman though.

When I got to the stream, the sight that met my eyes was very pleasing. Very,very pleasing.
As usual, he was already there before me, this time though, he brought no mango along and even better, he was in the water.

He was facing the other way and had his back towards me and he did not have a shirt on. I hoped that he had something on,covering the other half of his body, because, I could not bear the thought of him naked.

His skin was a shade darker than mine and the sun made him glow. His muscles were firm, a sign of hardworking. Not bad. His hair...

" I see you are impressed. I would too if i were you. "  he said laughing.

Thank God for my skin, or else he would have seen me turn red. I was so busy looking at him that I did not even notice that he had caught me staring.

"You are already  here"     I tried so hard to avoid his eyes but I could feel him staring.

"Yes, I had to come early. How else would you have gotten such a magnificent sight to feed your eyes on? "
That grin on his face was mischievous, only making me more uncomfortable.

" Do not get carried away now. Start talking about what brought you to my home. "

"I will only do so if you come and join me here. "  That silly smile of his was confusing me.

"If you think I am joining you, you better have something else coming, because it is not happening. "  
He must have thought I was stupid.

"Fine, Just stay there. I wonder why you are scared when you have Kia for a friend. I got her message really well and even without her, I would never hurt you. "

So Kia had already talked to him and he had understood her. I knew that she had not given him a chance to protest. She really was good at what she did. :)

I made a face and decided to move closer to the edge of the stream. With that look in his eyes, I bet he could see up to the nakedness of my soul.

"Well, D, I only came to tell you that I love you and I know that you feel the same way about me. "

"I thought you already made that clear the other day. " 
My voice was surprisingly shaky.

"I did and I want you to know that I will not hurt you. "

"Do you have a choice? "

"I do not. So, is that a yes ? "

"What do you think, Kojo?  It it a yes or what? "

"I definitely would not like or what so I will go for the yes, but I have to hear you say it. "

"Why should I say it? "   My cheeks were on fire and I could feel myself getting sweaty.

"Because I know you would not like seeing me walk out of this water just the way I am. "  he said, smirking.

"What?!  You mean... "

"Yes, D, I have nothing on. "  And he was laughing so hard!   "Just say you love me too and I would not move a muscle. "

"No, I will not. "

"Fine, you asked for it. "  he said moving towards me.
I could not watch that so, I just covered my eyes and screamed,

"Yes, I love you Kojo!  I love you. Just stay in the water. "

"Too bad, I already did. " 
He said amid laughter. I moved my fingers  and sure enough, he was out if the water but with shorts on. What a relief.

"Why did you do that? "

"Because I wanted to see you scared and hear you admit your feelings for me. "
Naughty.

I was feeling  a lot if things at the same time. You  was nervous and Kojo did not make things any easier for me.
He came and embraced me. Even with his dripping body against mine, I still felt hot.

"Your heart is really racing. It feels good to know I have that effect on you. "   he whispered into my ear. I was going to collapse any moment.

"I... Have.. To go... Home. " I statterd.

"Fine, I will walk you home. I just have to change. "

"No need. I mean no need to walk me home, you can continue with what you were doing. "

"If you insist, but it will, definitely not be a good time with you gone. "   He chuckled.

Why was he this calm when I could literally feel my heart beat against my chest?

I began walking away when he pulled me back gently and place his lips on my left cheek.

"I love you, D. "

I surely going to die.

******

I am corny.
I know. 😁

Hope you had fun.

Talk to me and do not forget to vote!

Enjoy!!

Love,
Daisy. 💋