one

love. it is something basically everyone wishes for, what they yearn for, what they desire more than anything on this world. he was one of those included in ‘everyone’. he had found love though, he was just reluctant on if the girl he loved had loved him back. it wouldn’t be a surprise to him if she didn’t return it—there really wasn’t extraordinary about him, or that’s what he thought.

the two had met in a local bookstore, he had ran inside due to some fans that decided to mob him rather than be civilized, she worked there. her shift coming to an end, a couple books she found intriguing cradled in her arms before they were knocked out by a flustered teen heartthrob. she of course, wanted to be mad but she couldn’t, because not only was she major fan but he was even more gorgeous in person rather than her computer screen—she couldn’t be mad at him.

“i’m so sorry!” was the first thing he’s ever said to her, his cheeks flushed not only from running from fans—which he had successfully lost—but because the girl he had ran into was absolutely stunning. he quickly got onto his knees, picking up the dropped books and gently handing them to the frozen lass.

“i—i… it’s totally fine.” she finally spoke up, a gorgeous smile spreading across her face. and she had one of those contagious  smiles, he couldn’t help but smile back.

eventually, the flustered teenagers exchanged names; “hello, i’m harry” and she replied, “oh, i know—i mean, i’m halley. wow, ignore what i said before, that’s really creepy” he chuckled in response to that, admiring her awkwardness already.

after meeting each other, it seemed like neither could get enough. eventually, the two began hanging out more often. she started visiting him when he’d travel around with his band mates, no doubt starting relationship rumours—and though harry much enjoyed that rumour, he never commented about it. the two had become really close over the course of five months ever since they’ve met, and there to tease him about it were his band mates. all four of his mates could see his love growing for the socially awkward girl, and though harry would constantly deny his feelings, he knew it was a lie—he was completely in love with halley jones.

he remembers kissing her for the first time, well, it doesn’t really count because she was unconscious. he is aware that it’s quite creepy to kiss someone whilst they’re unconscious but he couldn’t help himself. she had stayed over at his flat, the two watching their fourth movie before she passed out on his shoulder, and when he laid her down on his bed she just looked so much at peace—that desire grew within him, it was stronger than any other moment he’s had with her. and before he knew it, he whispered a soft “goodnight” before kissing her lips so tenderly that halley didn’t even budge.

after that first kiss, halley woke up the next morning and had watched harry flip pancakes before telling him the weird dream she had. he of course pushed her to share the dream she had, but he immediately froze up when she said that the dream was about harry kissing her. and being the flustered boy he was, he said “that’s crazy” not even turning away from the stove to respond properly.

he had denied their first kiss together, but he wasn’t going to let it be the last.

yay for my first short story!