#1 - Apple Crepes

Crepes are delicious and surprisingly simple to make! They can have a variety of fillings, but apple is our favorite! These Apple Crepes are vegetarian! They are made in about 30 minutes and they serve 8 crepes.

Ingredients

Crepes
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Apples
2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and each cut into 12 wedges
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Nonstick cooking spray
1/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt

Directions

1. To make the crepes: Combine the milk, flour, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla and salt in the jar of a blender, and blend until smooth, about 20 seconds. Transfer the batter to the refrigerator while you prepare the apples.

2. To make the apples: Combine the apples, 1/4 cup of the honey, orange juice, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook until the apples are fork tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat to cool slightly while you prepare the crepes.

3. To assemble: Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; once hot, spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Using a 2-ounce ladle, or 1/4 cup measure, pour 2 ounces of batter into the center of the pan, then immediately tilt the skillet in a circular motion to coat the entire botton of the skillet with the batter. Cook until spotty brown on the bottom, about 1 minute. Flip the crepe and cook until spotty brown on the second side, about 30 seconds longer. Repeat with the remaining crepe batter. You should have 8 crepes.

4. To fill the crepes: Place 3 apples and a tablespoon of the apple cooking liquid in the center of each crepe. Fold the sides of the crepe over the apples and flip seam-side down. Place two filled crepes on each plate and top with the remaining honey and yogurt. Serve.