Follow The Fire

We got to the scene a small fire seems easy enough we approached it slowly I felt a presence beside me tapping my shoulder before we went in "thanks Matt good luck" I quickly made it into the building turning to see not Casey but Mouch instead staring at me in concern. Casey always tapped my shoulder before a shout it was like a good luck message I give him my best fake smile seeing casey round every corner. the fire itself was easy enough sweeping through I saw something I never thought I would see Casey's jacket was hung on the coat peg small tears in it I walked over and removed it taking the note from the pocket "one step closer, is hurry if I was you he doesn't have time left" I shoved the letter into my pocket with a growl moving to the window to join my co workers at the bottom.

I paced round the block before defending back into. Squad 3 what could the letter mean he hasn't got time left. we arrived at the firehouse as the alarm sounded we were back on the road. We arrived not long later to a house I recognised with pain in my stomach I ran for the building "Kelly!" Otis cried "its Casey's house I have to save what I can so he has something to come home to" pain was spreading I couldn't see his house burn down and not try to put it out he would kill me. not long later the fire was out much of his house was still intact walking through his lounge I found the picture I hadn't seen in a long time picking it up his and my faces smiling like idiots at the camera outside the firehouse. I found the next clue "you've passed round three don't bother returning to firehouse 51 there's nothing left for you lieutenants there" I cried what was this guys game he targets one of us he targets is all but what has he got against Casey. worry was evident as I exited the house throwing the letter at Boden before sitting in the truck wiping the soot off Matts photo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well that's 2 clues out of 4 you think he can crack it?" The man came back in laughing at me "he can do anything" i tried to shout "you keep telling yourself that" he walked toward me grabbing my hair and cutting a small piece off. "what shall we burn next?, We'v already burned your jacket and your house" the pain inside me threatened to burst he burnt my house "not long until you die" he shouted as he smashed in the window letting in the snow bringing with it it's sting breeze "I know the firehouse that's important to you" the other shouted as they left the small hut. "Please Kelly help" I shouted knowing full well he couldn't hear me.