You Sound Good to Me

Okay so I know I dedicated this to @_hazza_the_cupcake_ because without her comment I probably would not have chosen to do this one-shot but Im so glad I did because I love how it turned out but anyways I just wanted to take a sec to say this is really dedicated to all of you. Every read and comment and vote all still mean the world to me and its incredible what this book has achieved. I wrote this sort of personally as an ending for 1D and also as a love song to Hally but also for you for making this possible :) 

"Harry!"

"Allison!"

"HARRY!"

"Al!"

"Help me!"

"Ohgodwhereareyou?"

"Where are you?! Harry, please."

"I'm here, I'm here." I was suddenly encased in a large set of arms, and I leaned hard into the familiar tissue of Harry's chest. A body I knew practically as well as my own. He kissed my forehead and squeezed me tight. "Thank god I found you."

The flashbulbs continued and the shouts grew louder. It went from heavenly brightness to black in an instant and then back again as I pushed further through the crowd. I could feel Harry's breath start to quicken and the anxiety grow beneath my touch. He was starting to panic. My thoughts switched immediately until I was the one holding him up instead of the other way around.

I moved my hand to touch his face, but it was so dark that I ended up only catching the corner of his mouth with my thumb. His lips moved into the smallest of smiles and, for the briefest of moments, we both felt a rush of relief.

It seemed like an eternity before we finally reached the door to the car, and I was never more excited to see a giant hunk of metal in my entire life. One Direction had just broken up officially, and Harry and I had just been caught in the biggest mob of paparazzi I had ever seen. We were split by maybe a half of a second, but it made all the difference as he was swallowed up before I even had the chance to grab his hand.

Harry was silent in the seat next to me, never once letting go of the fingers that held us together. He simply looked forward stoically, his gaze just to the left of the driver's ear. His thumb worried mine like it was a bead on a necklace that held the world together. I pulled it up to my mouth, pressing a small kiss on his knuckles. I was okay. We were all right. This was just another thing that we had to deal with in order for his dreams to be reality. He continued to say nothing.

Our flat, by some miracle, was mostly empty of fans and reporters. I thanked our driver while Harry strode inside, wordlessly. Slightly irritated, because he knew how much taller he was and that it took me longer to get to the front door, I followed him through the threshold and into the safety of home.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" I cried out, finally. "Harry, please talk to me. That was scary and this is a huge thing you're going through and—"

"I don't know what there is to say," he interrupted. "There's just so much and I can't...I don't even know how to put it into words."

"Try." Harry gave me a look, taking my coat and placing it in the hall closet. "I'm sorry, I know I'm pushing but I'm serious! We're both pretty shaken up and silence is not going to help us and you know it." I grabbed his hand as he tried to walk into the kitchen. "Let me be there for you, okay?"

"Be there for me! You just nearly got hurt or lost or worse and you want to be there for me!" He ran a hand through his hair, trying to get rid of the worry that plagued his heart.