Darkness (Sam x F!Reader)

Pairing: Sam x Female!Reader

Warings: None

Prompt: Reader is afraid of the dark

Codes: (w/c)- Weapon choice, (h/c)- hair color

***

You didn't want to admit it to the boys, especially Sam, but you didn't particularly enjoy the dark

You didn't want to admit it to the boys, especially Sam, but you didn't particularly enjoy the dark. Yes, you were afraid of it and that is what made you so hesitant to tell them, I mean come on. A hunter afraid of the dark? Really? You knew everyone was afraid of something but with what you've done and seen it didn't make sense.
So, when you were alone while your boyfriend Sam went on a supply run and Dean went to a bar, leaving the bunker to you, you were not a happy camper when the lights flickered and then went out. 

"Sam, Dean? If this is some prank then I-I'm going to kick your asses!" You called into the darkness from your place on the couch that you'd been sitting on.
Unable to find the courage to stand up and look around, you hugged your knees to your chest as cold seeped in. It wasn't the cold of a ghost, no it was more of a chill running up your spine from suspense like in some horror movie.

Usually, if you were in the dark on a hunt you'd be with one of the boys or have a flashlight, something to give you a sense of security, but this time, you were completely alone. 

Your (w/c) was upstairs and in your room, a place you weren't willing to head to in this inky blackness. Then again, you weren't really willing to head anywhere in this inky blackness. What was only minutes seemed like hours and out of the corner of your eyes, you could have sworn you saw figures moving in closer. 

"No, it's not real...not real," You mumbled, eyes squeezed shut as you held your knees closer, not allowing any part of your being to be even remotely close to the edge of the couch.
"(Y/N), I'm back!" A voice suddenly calls, light flooding into the bunker as Sam walks in.
He appearance was sudden, the lights a drastic change to the darkness that had just penetrated the room. You were scared and Sam wasn't helping.
Hearing your scream, Sam drops his bags by the door and runs into the living room only to crash into you.

When Sam had walked in, you had been shaking with tears running down your (s/t) face. After you heard Sam, you'd gotten up to try and get to Sam, running to the door letting in the only source of light and the tall moose that you'd developed feelings for.  

"(Y/N)? What's wrong, hey, don't cry," Sam soothes, moving a lock of (h/c) hair from your face.
"I-I...T-the lights..." Unable to make a complete sentence and still shaking, you burst into tears, unable to keep the panic at bay anymore.
"Hey, it's alright. I'm here now," Gathering your smaller frame into his arms, Sam stands up and walks to the door, stepping out and gently setting you onto your feet, allowing you to bask in the afternoon sun.
"I'm going to go fix the power, then we can put the stuff up and talk," He says before walking off. Not long after, the lights in the bunker flip on again and Sam comes back with a smile on his face.

Wordlessly, he scoops you up into his arms and holds you tightly to his chest, walking inside and closing the door behind him with a boot-clad foot. Deciding that the groceries could wait for a few more minutes, Sam sits on the couch with you in his arms still.

"What's wrong?" He asks, concern lacing his voice as he pulls you away slightly, looking into your tear glistening eyes.
"I just..." Looking down at your hands, you sigh. "I'm afraid of the dark,"
Sam can tell you're being completely serious and holds you again, gently smoothing your hair down with a large hand.
"Hey, I won't let the dark hurt you. Ever," He smiles as he feels you slowly calm down, glad that he could help. 

"I love you, Sam," 

"I love you too, (y/n),"

________________________________________________________________________________

It's short and sucked but I thought it was a cute fluffy little one shot. I hope you guys liked. 

~We will Avenge and prevail, we are the Fallen Angels~

-TheHumanExperiment1