< T H R E E >

THIS IS THE LATEST CHAPTER

Palm’s POV

Good, I am a time conscious. It’s time to prepare the dinner. Cooking foods is like taking an exam, it’s difficult! Usually, it’s CJ who cooks foods, and I just watch her or wait her. Sometimes, when she’s not around or she’s lazy to cook, I call for delivery instead.

Today, I don’t want to disturb CJ. I want to surprise her with the foods I make. I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. I peek, and I see CJ who is about to come here. I hurriedly go back to the food I am cooking.

 “Palm, I never knew that you can cook,” then she starts laughing. I get the plate to place the fried salmon there. Time to eat dinner!

“This will be only this day.” I pat her head. She smiles sarcastically.

 “Oh, I hope so. May I taste it?” She sits on the chair. Everything is prepared before she comes. She gets the knife and fork then cut a little piece of fried salmon.

My eyes widen when she starts to taste it. I hope I pass the cooking test. I promise to myself that I will not cook again, never in my life!

She stands up, and goes to kitchen sink. What is she doing? I follow her to kitchen.

“How does it taste?” I ask her. She seems spitting out the fried Salmon. I hurriedly get a glass of water.

“Palm, don’t cook again! It doesn’t taste fried salmon!” I give the glass to her. I return to dining room and taste it.

“You’re overacting! It doesn’t taste that much gross,” I tell to CJ.

“Well, I appreciate your effort, and good try! I’ll order food instead?” that’s a great idea. Before I get the telephone in the living room, CJ runs to get it.

“What restaurant do you think is open?” she asks me. I think for a moment.

“I think Taco Bell!” I smile widely. It’s one of my favorite restaurants.

“Sorry, but I prefer TGI Friday’s,” she smiles and starts to call. Not again! I come to her to get the telephone, but I stop.

“Remember the rule, whoever comes first will order first.” I’m sick of TGI Friday’s, and what’s worse than that, most of my friends love it so much that every time there’s a sleepover in one of our houses, they will love to order it.

I can’t stop her since she already calls TGI Friday’s.

“Palm, what’s your order?” she asks me.

“Nah, I’ll stick to my fried salmon,” then I go to dining room and eat it. I better not waste food.

“Thank you!” says CJ who’s laughing right now. She goes to upstairs. I guess she’ll be studying for exam. Nah, there are more times to study.

CJ’s POV

I stop the alarm clock from waking me up. I still want to sleep. I feel sleepy! I feel like don’t want to take the examination.

“Hmm,” I moan.

 “CJ! Wake up!” I heard Palm who is yelling outside my room.

I open half of my eye. No, I’m too lazy to wake up. I hear Palm opens the door. Oh crap, I want to sleep!

“You won’t wake up?” I get up, and find myself wet. I look at Palm angrily. He’s laughing at me like there’s no tomorrow.

“PALM!” I shout at the top of my voice. I see him lying on the ground, and he is like ROFL.

“Why did you do this to me?!” I rage at him. I shall revenge soon!

“It’s already late in the morning, and you’re still sleeping! By the way, I already prepared the breakfast~” I am about to interrupt him but, “and don’t worry, I researched last night on how to prepare breakfast. Better get up and prepare yourself. I’ll wait for you at downstairs,” and he still laughs at me.

“Wait, you told me that~” I am not able to continue what am I going to say when he interrupts again.

“I thought you already prepared it earlier, so I gave myself another try, and I’ll promise, my last promise that this will be my last cook,” then he goes away, leaving me wet.

Instead staying here in my wet bed, I stand up and go inside the bathroom to take a bath.

Sid’s POV

“What is the capital city of Alabama?” My seatmate and I are reviewing for our first subject.

“Hmm, if I’m not mistaken, Montgomery,” he nods at me as it means, the answer is correct.

I am about to ask when CJ comes. I come to her to ask about our conversation.

“What was all about last night?” I ask her. She turns at me –with a grumpy look.

“Why are you in bad mood CJ? Was it has something to do about last night?” I ask several questions to her. Eventually, I look at the door, and there, I see Palm, with Ian and Evan. I ask him why CJ is in bad mood.

“Well, she failed to wake up early so I threw a bucket of water to her face,” and Palm starts laughing.

“Really dude? You did it to your cousin?” Evan asks to Palm, and he suddenly laughs. Urg, I get annoyed with them so I come near to them, and one by one, I whack them two in bed. They still laugh at CJ. Ian comes near to me.

“So, how’s the theater?” he asks me. Ian is the only one doesn’t laugh. I smile at him.

“Hmm, everything goes fine. Are you going to watch Hamlet in theatre?” He nods and smiles at me. Oh, he really smiles sweetly. I’m trying to avoid having my eye contact to him. Well, he’s not hard to be loved, but I shall not fall for him. There’s someone who deserves his heart.

The bell rings, so we all have to go back to our seats. I prepare my things for examination. Whew, you can do this Sid. I take a deep breath. I take a look on my left side. I see Ian who smiles at me. I smile back at him. Well, I shall serve it as my inspiration.

I look again in front. Oh, our proctor is there. We all look at her. She seems new here in this school. We all stand up and greet her, but we don’t know her name. She writes her name on the board: Ms. Monica.

“Good morning Ms. Monica.”

“Better, please take your seat,” then she let us sit. She looks kind but strict. I’m confused.

“Your first subject is Geography. Okay class; please keep your review materials. Bring out your writing materials,” she says. She starts distributing the papers.

“Wait, are you arrange according to your class number?” we all say yes then the distribution continues. I keep my review materials under the chair. I look at my other classmates who are still holding their review materials. I signal them to keep those, but they don’t listen.

“I told you to keep your reading materials!” I look at Ms. Monica, and she seems mad. She even points her finger to my classmates whom I just signal. She goes to them and gets their review materials.

“Please go out here! I don’t permit you to take the exam, now go!” My two classmates go out the classroom. This is the worst proctor I ever had. We all just stare at her who is really mad.

“Oh, what are you staring for? Get one and pass the papers. No cheating or I’m sending anyone I caught cheating out the classroom just like those two!” We take our examination peacefully. Ms. Monica roams so there’s no way for us to cheat.