.02

(tw: mention of self-harm and suicide)

  After Tyler got home from the date, he decided to get high. He does this when he needs a pick me up, which happens more than you would think. 

        The brunette took another hit of the joint, exhaling the smoke into the air. He laughed and looked up at the ceiling, watching the fan spin around and around. Tyler's notebook sat beside him with it wide open, the words exposed to the world. Just as Tyler was about to take one more hit, Mark walked in.

        "You having a bad day?" He asked. Tyler shrugged, not really having an answer.

        "I mean, I had a date today, but that didn't distract me enough when I came home." replied Tyler, handing the joint to Mark. He took a hit and gave it back.

        "You know, you should use your card to actually get stuff that will help. Not some weed you buy off of your one friend, Ty." Mark stated, making Tyler roll his eyes. Tyler picked up his note book, ignoring what Jon said. 

        "Who did you go on a date with? Please tell me it wasn't another deadbeat?" questioned Mark, checking to see if Tyler was actually picking good people. Tyler smiled and looked up at Mark.

        "It's someone amazing, Marky Boy. He's the guy that was working at the record shop today. He put a piece of paper in my bag today with his number on it." Tyler replied, liking the thought of Josh. 

        "Well, just make sure he isn't another Matt, okay?" whispered Mark. Tyler didn't even hear him and continued to write down words in his notebook. 

        The brunette's room mate went to his bedroom to leave Tyler alone. Sometimes Mark worried about Tyler, he worries a lot. Whenever they're not together or Mark goes out without him, he wonders what Tyler is doing. If he's slitting his wrist or trying to kill himself, just like Ohio. Dammit, Ohio!

       Tyler took a couple more hits before going over to his keyboard. He put on his headphones that way he didn't disturb mark. He started working on a new piece titled Car Radio, something that is very personal to Tyler, yet everything he writes is personal. 

       *

        Tyler woke up the next day feeling like shit. It's not surprising because he did get high the night before. It's ten a.m when the brunette rolls out of bed, then making his way to kitchen. Mark isn't up yet which is surprising because he is always up early. 

        Before Tyler made breakfast, he started the coffee. Mark strolled into the kitchen and sat down at the counter. Neither of the boys said anything and just sat in silence, but then Mark broke it.

         "I have to go to work today, Ty. Are you going to be okay by yourself? If you're not I can stay." explained Mark. Tyler laughed and handed the other boy coffee.

        "Yes, I will be fine. Stop worrying about me." replied Tyler, giving Mark a look.

            *
        Tyler decided to take Mark's advice and go get weed that will actually help. He's had his marijuana card for quite some time now, but hasn't used it at all.

        The brunette doesn't get in his car and walks to the place. He's drive past it many times, it's also across the record store. Now Tyler is reminded of Josh.

         Both of the boys had a good time yesterday. Tyler thought about stopping in and seeing him, but decided against it. Josh thought about calling Tyler, but didn't because he was at work. If they would get together, it would be hard for Tyler to get back into a relationship after his last relationship.

       Tyler got to the store and opened the door. What he didn't know, was that Josh was watching from the other side of the street. He was curious as in why Tyler would be going in there. Josh discarded the thought and went back to organizing vinyls and CDs.

            *
        Josh: I saw you today
        Josh:....are you there?
       Tyler: Yeah dude, sorry. I was at my keyboard and didn't have my phone
        Josh: I just got of work, want to hang out?
        Tyler: Um, yeah ig. Come over
        Josh: I'll be there in a few

        Tyler just realized he invited him over while he's high. He tried out an edible he got today for his depression, but wasn't the best for his anxiety. The brunette started to clean up the place before Josh got here. Neither Mark or Tyler has cleaned in a few days.

        There was a knock on the door signaling that Josh was here. Tyler brushed himself off and opened the door, but realized he didn't have on a sweatshirt.

        "Hey, how are you?" Tyler asked, throwing his arms around Josh. The blue haired boy laughed and hugged Tyler back.

         "I'm good, Ty. How are you?" replied, Josh, curious by Tyler's action. The two walked back into the apartment and Tyler threw on the nearest hoodie.

        "Average, you know?" the brunette replied. Tyler offered a drink to Josh, which he asked for water.

        *
        The two spent the night chatting about random stuff and getting to know each other. Josh caught on that Tyler was high, but it wore off after awhile. Josh didn't mind though because he wasn't acting weird. 

        "So, why were you going to the medical marijuana place today?" questioned Josh. Tyler didn't want to answer that question because it lead into a full blown discussion.

        "I had to get some stuff for something." Tyler replied. Josh just laughed and looked at the time.

        "Well, I should get going. I have to work tomorrow and I actually want sleep." announced the blue hair boy, making his way towards the door. Tyler walked over with him. 

        They said their goodbyes and Tyler kissed Josh on the cheek. Josh left but encountered Mark in the hallway. Tyler's roommate stopped to talk to him.

        "Please be careful with him, okay? He can be a handful." Mark whispered. Josh nodded and watching Mark go into the apartment.

        Josh was confused as in why he would be a handful. Tyler seemed perfectly okay and well, but maybe Tyler didn't tell him something. Which he didn't.