"I'll tell you later, now get ready". Asshole.

"Bitch". I glare at whoever is in my head, although it looks like I'm just glaring at the wall.

I get up and get in the shower before doing my usual morning routine. I put on some mascara after washing my face and getting dressed. I got dressed in a simple pair of ripped black jeans, a gray t-shirt, a navy green jacket and my white converse.

I love converse, I have like a million pairs of them.

I look at my phone to see that it's only 9:30 so I have lots of time. I don't feel like doing my hair so I just put it in a messy bun and leave it. Good, enough.

I go downstairs and I'm greeted by my family. Everyone is down there so I guess they're just waiting for me.

"Good morning, sweetheart" my Dad greets. I just smile in response while I make coffee and a quick bagel.

I eat my bagel and drink my coffee while listening to the adults discuss the plan for today. They're wiser than me so I trust that they'll make better decisions than me, not that it would be too hard to do that.

"I'm friends with some Gods in Grand Rapids so we can visit them first. Does anyone know of any other Gods nearby?" Dad asks.

"Yes, actually I know many. I have a few places we can go and see if anyone knows anything" Grandpa admits. How many Gods are there? I feel like there aren't many but the way they speak about it makes it seem like they're everywhere.

After that thought, the voice from earlier comes back. "We are everywhere, sweetheart" he says the last word in a mocking tone. 

I look around the room and spot the asswipe who's messing with me. Uncle Damon stood in the corner of the room, smirking at me. Does he want to catch on fire?

Suddenly, I feel a little tingle in my hands. I look down and see that my fingers are on fire, again. How the hell am I doing that? I want to learn how to control it so I can put it to good use. 

No more undercooked steak!

He sees me and his smirk drops. Who's the bitch now, Uncle Damon.

"Amora Lauren Collins, you better put those flames away this instant before I cancel this entire trip" Mom scolds. Damn it Mom! I'm trying to look badass! 

I try to make it stop, but the flames just keep getting bigger. What's happening? Why won't it stop?

"I can't, it won't go out" I answer in panic. I prefer not to burn anything like last night.

"Amora, just picture your normal hands. See them, feel them. Wiggle your fingers. Focus on the cold breeze outside, don't focus on the heat in your hands. Focus, honey" Grandma helps.

Sure enough, I look down and my regular fingers are back. Thank God! Or thank Gods, technically. Grandma is once again, coming in clutch.

After the commotion, we decide to get on the road. I realize that I forgot to text Farah so I ask my parents if we can pick her up.

Apparently, they already invited them and they're riding separately. We need all the help we can get because this is not going to be easy.

All we have to do is find one of them. If we find one, then we find both. I just don't want it to take forever because I don't have to patience for this.

The ride to Grand Rapids wasn't too bad. It was about 2 hours total, including a stop to make sure all the cars were on route, together. 

We arrived at a large house in the country. It was beautiful; with its navy blue paneling and white trim. The from had a stunning walkway with flowers bordering the edges. On the left side of the front yard was a water fountain with and elephant as the centerpiece. The elephant was spraying water out of its trunk. It was beautiful; every girl's dream house. Well, mine anyway.