one.

There are many things Jennie has grown accustomed to over the years, but receiving unwanted attention is not one of them. She's very aware of the stares of other students as she passes by, hearing their whispers revolving around her; she knows exactly what they're saying and doesn't blame them for wanting to spice up their otherwise mundane lives.

She knows word spreads around fast, especially when the news involves physical fighting. Well, it's more along the lines of a one-sided physical fight that Jennie had wanted no part of; one of her classmates had hit herself and placed the blame on Jennie, resulting in where she was now: a new school in the middle of the school year.

Despite the fact that she's at a new school, Jennie's morning routine isn't very different from what it has been, with the exception of having to introduce herself to her new class and being assigned a seat next to a girl who looks very excited to have her as her new desk neighbor.

"Hi, I'm Chaeyoung, but you can call me Rosé," she says when the opportunity presents itself during one of their breaktimes before lunch.

"Jennie," Jennie replies with a polite, yet albeit awkward smile.

"How do you like our school so far? It's not every day we get new students around this time of year," the girl responds with a curious twinkle in her eyes. Jennie raises a brow at her cautiously.

It appears that word doesn't spread as fast as she had initially thought.

"It's alright, I guess," Jennie replies, shrugging her shoulders.

"Well, if you find yourself alone during lunch, you can join my friends and I," says Rosé. "We usually sit outside by the soccer fields."

"Thanks," says Jennie, appreciating the other girl's kindness. Their break shortly ends soon after and class resumes.

By the time the lunch bell rings, Jennie finds herself following Rosé out to their designated location and sees two girls sitting in the distance.

"My friends are weird, but I promise that you'll love them," says Rosé before the two arrive in front of them. "I brought a new friend!"

"Hi," Jennie waves with an awkward smile. "I'm Jennie."

"Hi! I'm Jisoo," says one of the girls, her cheeks full of food. She does her best to smile while retaining the food in her mouth and opts for waving instead.

"She acts like the youngest, but she's actually a year above us so don't be fooled," says Rosé. Jisoo swallows her food and grins cheekily. "Moving on, this is Lisa. She's from Thailand."

"What's up," Lisa smiles as she waves coolly.

"She's one year below us," says Rosé. "And this is everyone."

Jennie nods as she and Rosé take a seat. She's not sure why, but she'd expected more people for some reason. It doesn't really matter though, because Jisoo and Lisa begin to ask Jennie questions of all kinds to get to know her. Jennie answers them to the best of her ability, although some questions seem more personal and should be reserved until later down the road of their friendship. Jennie's appreciative nonetheless, as the girls still seem to welcome her as one of their own. She's happy and feels content with her first day at this new school.

"Hey, look out!"

Jennie's content is short-lived when a soccer ball comes flying from the field, bouncing off of Jennie's head and causing the girls around her to gasp collectively.

"Oh my gosh, Jennie, are you okay?" Jisoo asks with concern, ensuring that Jennie looks okay before whipping her head to find the person responsible for kicking the ball.