As the owls flooded into the Great Hall as usual, everyone's attention was caught at once by a long, thin package carried by six large screech owls. Aludra watched closely to see what was in this large parcel, and was amazed when the owls soared down and dropped it right in front of Harry knocking his bacon to the floor. Another owl dropped a letter on top of the parcel.

"Open it!" Aludra said eagerly, and Harry ripped open the letter first.

'DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE.'

'It contains your new Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don't want everybody knowing you've got a broomstick or they'll all want one. Oliver Wood will meet you tonight on the Quidditch field at seven o'clock for your first training session.'

'Professor McGonagall'

"Good Godric! You've got to be kidding!" Aludra squealed, snatching the note to hand to Ron.

"A Nimbus Two Thousand!" Ron moaned enviously. "I've never even touched one."

The trio left the hall quickly with the promise of unwrapping the broomstick in private before their first class. However, halfway across the entrance hall, Crabbe and Goyle stood before them like roadblocks. Draco seized the package from Harry and Aludra felt the same anger from last night broil in her chest. She smacked his hand sharply and he released the package. Aludra caught it before it hit the floor and handed it back to Harry.

"Go and do something with your life, will you? I'm sick and tired of you and your little antics, and having these two lumps following you around everywhere! What do you want?"

"Oh shut up, Aludra!" he exclaimed, and then turned to Harry. "You'll be in for it this time, Potter, first years aren't allowed them."

"You were bragging about how you were going to bully Daddy into letting you bring one to school in August!" Aludra bursted out, trying not to actually tell him that Harry had special permission. Ron couldn't resist it.

"And it's not any old broomstick," he said, "it's a Nimbus Two Thousand. What did you say you've got at home, Malfoy? A Comet Two Sixty?" Ron grinned at Harry. "Comets look flashy, but they're not in the same league as the Nimbus."

"What would you know about it, Weasley, you couldn't afford half the handle," Draco snapped back. "I suppose you and your brothers have to save up twig by twig."

Before Ron could answer, Professor Flitwick appeared at Draco's elbow.

"Not arguing, I hope, children?" he squeaked.

"Potter's been sent a broomstick, Professor," said Draco quickly. Aludra scoffed.

"Yes, yes, that's right," said Professor Flitwick, beaming at Harry. "Professor McGonagall told me all about the special circumstances, Potter. And what model is it?"

Aludra laughed as Draco's jaw dropped open. Special circumstances? What the bloody hell is he talking about?

"A Nimbus Two Thousand, it is," said Harry, fighting not to laugh at the look of horror on Draco's face.

"And it's really thanks to my brother here that Harry got it," Aludra added.

Harry, Ron and Aludra headed upstairs, snickering quietly among themselves.

"Well, it's true," Aludra giggled as they reached the top of the marble staircase, "If he hadn't stolen Neville's Remembrall, Harry wouldn't be on the team..."

"So I suppose you think that's a reward for breaking rules?" came an angry voice from just behind them. Hermione was stomping up the stairs, looking disapprovingly at the package in Harry's hand.