Chapter 2

I wander over to Mermaid Lagoon.

"Oh look! Peter!" They all get excited and jump into the water, off the rocks they've been laying on all day.

"Hey girls..." I soar over and land criss-cross-applesauce on the empty rocks.

"What's wrong Peter? Wendy stir you up again?" The blonde one flicks her tail in and out of the water.

"Yah...I mean...You could say that..." They don't know that I was a different person in the real word. Where you age. Where you grow old and loose your childhood. They don't know that I was as rich boy who got whatever he wanted, that my real name is Mason. The dreams I've had have reminded me of the past.

"Don't let her get to you Peter." The red head smiles. "Come in for a swim!" She bats her hands in the water so droplets land on me.

"Yah Peter! Come on! Get in!" They all say in unison.

"Alright, alright..." I take my shoes off as they shriek with pleasure knowing that I'm getting in the water. I jump in and squeeze my eyes shut as the cool water rushes over me.

*FLASHBACK*

"Shaylen! Fuck! Come back!" I call as she dives into the water after her.

She's going out too far. She won't be able to swim back on her own. I dive in after her. The salty taste of the water that flows around me is as quite as unpleasing as I remember it to be. But I love it. I've never allowed out of the house. The water calls to me as I feel it ripple infront of my face. I push back up to the surface as Shaylen's feet dip back under. I grab them in hopes to get her from swimming out any farther. It works. She goes back to to a standing position and her head goes under the water. She comes back up in a panick, splashing water everywhere.

"MASON!" She shrieks. "IT'S TOO DEEP!" She clings to my body as I paddle slowly back to shore. I finally get to a spot where I can stand on my tip-toes. She lets go and goes under the water but pops back up. "Ow, ow, ow!" She says in a calm voice but she starts to get panicky.

"What? What? What's wrong?!" I swim over to her. She turns holding her hand in the other and turns her back towards me. "Shaylen!" I grab her shoulders and turn her around. Blood drips from her hand and into the water. I barely touch her wrist and she lets out a sharp breath of pain.

"Hey hey hey! Calm down!" I press my forehead against hers and keep my hands on her shoulders.