Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Mikey

I searched Facebook. Nothing. She hadn't posted anything for over 48 hours. Where are you, you little bitch?

Driving by her house had proved useless. The sun had set hours ago and there wasn't a single light on. They were either out or staying somewhere else.

Forcing myself to unclench my fists, I clicked on the red x and closed my laptop.

"Where are you, Calla?" I whispered to myself.

I pushed my laptop to the side and stood up. A low growl emitted from the back of my throat. "How can I kill you if I can't find you?"

With a huff, I paced back and forth in my bedroom. Each step brought with it a renewed sense of hatred for Calla Vinson. That little witch had ruined my entire life. She deserved to die a slow, painful death.

My eyes lit up. I practically knocked my laptop off the bed as I slid over and flung it open. As I popped up the screen, I did a quick property search in the county database. My face fell. Nothing. Biting my lip, I tried the next county over.

"Jackpot," I proclaimed. I wrote a note in my iPhone with Derrick Vinson's address. Where the hell is County Highway B? I pulled up Google Maps and frowned. It was over an hour away and in the middle of nowhere. Literally, nowhere.

Rolling my eyes, I dropped to my stomach and reached under my bed. With a grunt, I fished out a dirty white mask. The eyes and the nose were cut out, as were three vertical lines over the mouth.

"There you are," I said with a smile.

As I popped up to my feet, a wicked smile took over my face. "It's show time!"

***

I turned on to the highway an hour and a half later. "Your destination is one mile ahead on the right," my GPS chirped.

My skin flushed with excitement. Almost there!

Slowing down, I looked for other houses on the desolate highway. I hadn't passed a single one in ten minutes. Perfect, I thought with an evil laugh. No one will hear you scream as I gut you like a fish.

As I reached up to switch off my headlights and replace them with the dimmer parking lights, I froze.

My hands tightened around the steering wheel. "No, no, no!"

Checking the speed limit, I slowed down as I drove past the oncoming car.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath. Not only was there another car, it was a cop car and it had pulled out of Calla Vinson's driveway.

Holding my breath, I continued to drive straight down the highway. Panic coursed through my veins as I thought about the mask and butcher knife tucked under my seat.

Just keep driving. Don't panic. You can come back later.

As the police car disappeared down the deserted highway, I let out a loud sigh of relief.

I flicked on my brights and turned up the radio, but as I pressed my foot down on the petal, my jaw dropped. The lights from a police car flashed in my rearview mirror and the siren cut through the warm muggy air. He had come back for me. I was caught.

*******

Cliffhangers,

Sorry for the delayed update. I fell down the stairs last week. :( I'm okay, but I didn't get a whole lot done for a few days. Also, I've been at UtopiACon all weekend with knightsrachel, Fallzswimmer, AlysArden, DistantDreamer, CaitlinOHanlon! We've had a blast! Check out my Snapchat @ KellyAnneBlount to see what we got up to in Nashville, TN!

Hearts and Daggers,

Kelly Anne Blount xoxo