The Ice King gets a Cold

Ding!

Dong!

Blast, blast, blast! I was going to be late! That bloody son of a bachelor was going to freeze me to death with his cold stare the minute I walk in and threaten to deduct my wages!

Ding!

Dong!

Determined to keep my pretty paycheck, I redoubled my efforts up the endless amount of stairs, my lungs feeling as if they were on fire. Perhaps you shouldn't have eaten all those chocolates yesterday... Shut up!

Ding!

Dong!

Ding!

The clock struck 7 just as I made it to the top floor. Thank God!

"Good...morning... Mr...Stone," I panted breathlessly.

"Mr. Linton! Good morning. Here are today's letters. Oh, and Mr. Ambrose says you should go straight to your office today," Mr. Stone said with a smile on his face. How is that man smiling this early in the morning? Especially with Mr. Ice King so near!

"Thank you, Mr Stone," I said, grinning at him. I whistled as I made my way into my office, plopping the stack of letters onto my desk and taking a seat.

Plink!

Jumping at the sound, I turned to see a small slip of paper on my desk.

Mr. Linton,
Slide today's letters under the door once you have sorted them.
Rikkard Ambrose

I huffed at the note. So he's back to the good ol' pneumonic tube, is he?

"Good morning to you too, Sir!" I shouted. No reply. Hmph!

After sorting out all the charity letters and a certain pink scented envelope, I got up from my desk to slide the letters under the door. As I crouched near the door, I heard something strange. It sounded like... coughing? Following by a muffled sneeze. Strange. Mr. Ambrose never wastes time on useless bodily functions.

Shrugging, I pushed the letters under the door and went back to my desk. Spinning in my chair, I awaited my next instructions.

*********

The bloody bastard had me running back and forth around the office all day! I was fetching different files left and right and rushing to slide them under the door. All the while, I had kept pestering my dear employer to explain why the door connecting our offices remained shut.

"Sir," I said in the most sugary sweet fairy-godmother voice possible. "I would like to inquire as to why the bloody hell your door is locked?"

Plink!

I rushed over to my desk to retrieve the slip of paper.

Mr. Linton,
Do not disturb me. I am busy.
Rikkard Ambrose

Hmph! Busy my arse! The man was up to something, and I was going to get to the bottom of it!