" Is that what JJ told you? Ha, the reason why he thinks I go through phases of recluse is because there are times where I turn down going out to party with him. I'm fine, Josh. Just been dealing with a little something. It's all good though, don't worry."

"Are you sure? You know you can tell me if something is-" Josh's words were cut off by a thud against the door, and then loud and obnoxious chirps. Simon's eyes widened, looking to Josh quickly before looking away. "What is that?"

"Nothing! Nothing at all. I don't even know what you're talking about. Maybe you should go now Josh, are you sure you're alright?" The loud thuds continued, until one particularly loud one. That one was followed by one loud, pained chirp before the noise stopped. Josh's presence escaped Simon's mind at that moment, recognizing the noise of pain. "Steve!" Josh looked at the blond, more confused than ever. Simon quickly and carefully opened his door enough to get back in, and gasped at the sight. There was Steve, his past injuring seeming to have reopened. Simon scooped the small bird up, placing him back into his box. The bird let out another squawk of pain as Simon picked him up, the blond shushing him. Once Steve was situated back in his box, Simon carefully refilled his water. Josh had entered into Simon's room at this point, watching the blond boy's busied movements. Josh slowly walked over to Simon once he stopped moving; now the tall blond was whispering to something on the other side of his bed. Josh rounded the corner of Simon's bed, not knowing what to expect this 'Steve' to be. Josh nearly cooed as he saw the blond knelt over a cardboard box, a small blue bird curled up inside. The bowl of dry Froot Loops sat beside the box, as well as a capless water bottle. Upon further inspection, Josh could see the cap was filled with water and placed carefully into the box. Simon was slowly stroking his finger down the bird's back, causing the bird to squal out less.

"Is this what you've been up to?" Simon nodded, choosing not to speak. He knew Josh would get upset at him for keeping the bird, telling him to let the poor thing go. "He's quite cute. I assume that it's been a lot of work helping him. How'd you find him?" Simon sighed out before speaking.

"I had my window open one day while editing. This little guy landed on the sill and he looked so hurt. He gave me the look, Josh, and I just couldn't turn him down." Josh chuckled, kneeling down on the opposite side of the box. The blond looked up, confused as to why Josh hadn't yelled yet.

"Hey there. I'm assuming you're Steve. My name's Josh, and I hope Simon here has been taking good care of you." The bird let out a happy chirp, nuzzling into Simon's hand. Josh chuckled again, looking up at Simon. The blond made eye contact with Josh before quickly looking away. "Why didn't you tell any of us?"

"I didn't want you to tell me to get rid of him. He needed help, Josh. He still does. He can't fly quite yet, but he's doing so well. He can finally flap his wings again." Simon sounded like a proud parent in that moment, and Josh just wanted to hug Simon tight.

"Why would we make you get rid of him? He's in your room, and you're an adult ya know." Josh chuckled at the end, Simon shrugging. "Well, I certainly have no problem with little Steve here. Feel free to keep him, and I'll let Vik know his cereal is going to good use." Simon now let out a chuckle, rooming his hand from the bird. He kept eye contact with Josh this time, smiling.

"Thank you, Josh."

"No problem man. Just keep me up to date on little Steve here, and we're all good."

Simon did keep Josh up to date on Steve, nearly driving the older crazy talking about the small bird. Josh found it cute to watch Simon ramble about a small animal though, so Josh ignored any annoyance he might have felt. The only thing Josh did begin to do, however, was call Simon nicknames. The Bird Whisperer, Snow White, Steve's Keeper, and the like. Vik though they were hilarious, and Simon didn't seem to mind them. Vik, upon being informed of the situation, demanded he speak to the monster who had been eating all his cereal. Vik joking scolded the bird, Steve not understanding a word of it. What Steve did understand, however, was that the word cereal was his food. He began to chirp with delight when he heard the word, and Vik got to feed him some.

Soon enough, the fateful day came. Steve could now fly again, and Simon couldn't be sadder. He didn't want to see Steve go, loving his pet. Josh and Vik both stood with Simon as he placed Steve onto the windowsill. Steve looked around, before he jumped off the ledge and began fluttering his wings. The bird happily flew off, Simon nearly in tears. Josh comforted him afterwards, promising him that Steve was happier now. Simon tried his best to be happy for Steve, but he still missed his pet.

It would be two weeks later that Simon sat himself down to edit again, ignoring the beautiful day outside. Once again, Simon opened his window to let in some fresh air. He sighed, remembering that this was how he met Steve. Simon nearly began to hear up, but something distracted him. Simon wiped away his tears, only to be met by Steve. Steve now had another bird with him, the stomach looking to be bigger than Steve's. Simon squealed, calling Josh into his room. The boy, who had been about to go to sleep, rolled out of bed and went to the blond. Upon entering his room, he laughed at the sight.

"Josh, look! Steve came back, and he found himself a woman! Looks like he got her knocked up too!" Josh chuckled at Simon's behavior, walking over to the window as well. Steve stood proud next to another blue bird, singing at Simon occasionally. Josh smiled and sat on Simon's bed, watching the happy reunion. Eventually, Steve left once again when the other bird began to tweet occasionally. Simon wished them goodbye and good luck, smiling as they flew off.

"Wow, your pet bird got himself a woman before you could even get one on a date with you." Simon spun and glared at Josh, diving towards the older boy.

"That's it, Josh!"