"Since when do you eat Froot Loops?" Simon had let out a small squeak when he jumped, spinning around and hiding the box. As he saw it was only Josh in the doorway, he relaxed.

"Since now." Simon's statement was slightly defensive, so Josh raised his hands in defeat.

"Was just wondering. No need to bite my head off, I'm not gonna tell." Simon nodded shortly at Josh before returning the box and running off upstairs. As Simon passed, Josh couldn't help but notice it was a bowl of dry cereal. Josh shook his head, assuming the blond was just in one of his moods where he tries to be different just for the sake of doing so. Josh knew better than to question anymore if that was the case. You never wanted to see Simon when he got pissed during those moods. Josh nearly shivered at the memory.

Upstairs, Simon carefully gave his new friend a cap full of water and a Froot Loop with the spoon he had grabbed. The bird had chirped thankfully, biting the Froot Loop and drinking the water. Simon smiled and watched, completely forgetting about his editing that needed to be done. He spent the next twenty minutes refilling the bird's water and giving him more cereal when the current piece was gone. During the time, Simon got to have a nice conversation with the crippled critter.

"So I've decided your a boy, I dunno you just seem like one. And if we're going to be friends, I need to have a name for you. How about Bob? No, you don't seem to like Bob. Joe? No, not that one either. How about Steve?" The bird stopped his current action, tweeting at Simon happily. "Steve it is little buddy. Well it's nice to meet you, Steve. My name is Simon. I will gladly help you until you begin to feel better, then you can fly off and live happily." The bird chirped, snuggling into the socks around the box.

Weeks passed, little Steve healing up sucessfully as Simon cared for the injured bird. He was honestly shocked Vik hadn't noticed his cereal reserve draining. The tall blond was also surprised that none of his housemates ever noticed the bird noises. They would come from his room at odd intervals throughout the day.

What Simon didn't know, however, was that his housemates had all suspected the worst. Simon was always acting odd, rarely ever talked to the others, ran away to his room with seemingly no notice, and turned down their offers for food or to hang out. They all assumed Simon was dealing with a phase of self-loathing and depression. When Vik and Josh had brought it up to JJ, the boy told them to leave Simon alone. JJ said that this was normal, and Simon would get over it soon. So, Josh and Vik didn't press it. It wasn't until JJ ran off to go "evolve" and Simon still hadn't gotten over it that Josh decided to investigate. The eldest knocked on Simon's door, trying his hardest to be gentle. The blond, upon hearing the knock, quickly moved the box off his bed. Steve chirped out, confused by the sudden movements. Simon shushed the bird and opened the door just enough for his face.

"Yes, Josh?"

"Hey Si, just wanted to know if we could talk." Simon contemplated this, realizing he'd have to finish feeding Steve first if he wanted him to stay quiet.

"Maybe in a couple minutes? I just gotta finish up something really quick and then-" The rest of Simon's statement was cut off by Josh. The eldest sounded desperate in the phrase, confusing the blond.

"Now, please?" Simon nodded, stepping out of his room and closing the door behind him. Josh sighed, running a hand through his hair before speaking. "Look Simon, I don't know what's going on right now. JJ just said it was normal for you to go through reclusive phases every so often, but he wouldn't say much else. I'm just a little worried about you, and so is Vik. We've been living together for what, almost four years? I have never seen you get like this, and I'm only concerned for your wellbeing." Simon stood still for a few minutes, letting the words sink in. Then, the blond began to laugh. Josh could only watch on worriedly.