PREFACE

“Did you know about this?” Skyler asked as she barged into Special Agent Damon Salvati's office. Looking up from the file on his desk, he took in what he saw. Skyler Williamson had dressed for the occasion. She wore a simple, short-sleeved navy blue knee-length dress and matching flats that coincided with her porcelain skin. Her dark brown hair was most likely neatly fixed into a high ponytail, but due to the madness of the flight into Washington D.C., it was slightly disheveled. But she looked her best all the same. Skyler initially felt a touch of nostalgia when she saw the man she now called her friend. She remembered a time where she had thought him more as a lover, for she grew close to the older man in front of her years ago. Damon would probably never admit it - except to her - that he too once felt the same way.

It was wrong for them to kiss all those years ago. It was even worse that Skyler's​ mind had conjured up a life-like hallucination, leading her to believe that her and the agent had relations. She now knew she was confused at the time. An immature teenager who had a crush on her brother's friend. And as for Damon, he'd let his emotions cloud his judgement. He cared about her more than he should have, and he got carried away. Damon won't deny that he missed kissing her. She is now twenty-one, and he thirty. Maybe now something could become of them, if Skyler were to allow it.

No one would have to know. . .

“Know about what?” Damon asked, motioning with his hand to invite her to sit in one of the chairs in front of him.

“Did you know who he was the whole time, Damon?!” Skyler shouted, turning down his offer by remaining on her feet. Skyler thought he was screwing around with her, which only angered her more. Damon's blood pressure increased slightly. The sudden loudness in the small room almost made Damon jump out of his skin. Almost. He kept himself composed, like he was trained to do.

Sadly, Damon did know who the madman was…

When he pulled out a printout of a driver's license from the DMV out of the file on his desk and handed it to Skyler, he gave a quick nod of his head as she took the photo.

Skyler then collapsed to the floor at the sight. Damon rushed over to her and checked her pulse. It was steady. But she was unconscious. He couldn't help but feel a sort of deja Vu. Damon placed a cold compress on her forehead once he laid her on the black leather couch in his office. He hoped she would wake soon, so he could explain everything to her.

Before it was too late. . .

If you enjoyed this, please leave a vote or comment, and I'll do the same for you :)

The_RebelAngel