I Think I Love You

Seven Years Ago

I watched in vain as my own mother braided her hair. Elizabeth Goods.

She's my neighbor, and my mother thought it would be nice to invite her over. As a little play date.

But I hate her. She's so sweet and innocent, and she doesn't even know. I always hated those people, maybe they were actually that nice and kind, but I think it's a show. Or to make others feel guilty.

"When do you and your family move here?" she asked Elizabeth, still braiding her hair.

Elizabeth had never had a braid before, let alone a fishtail braid, that's what she told us. I sighed, and scowled.

"About a week ago, we came from Oregon," she replied smiling.

"Ah that's wonderful!" my mother exclaimed.

"What's so great about Oregon? It's all forest. And where there's a lot of trees, there's bugs and rapid animals. Maybe rapid people too," I rolled my eyes.

My mother shot me an evil look, I gave her one back. She rolled her eyes and finished up Elizabeth's braid.

Maybe she thought that two ten year old girls would get a long. But, she was wrong, like usual. She always assumed.

"Your braid is all done, sweetie," she smiled at Elizabeth, she handed her a mirror.

Elizabeth surveyed herself closely, "It's so pretty, Ms. Cindy! Thank you!"

My mother smiled, "You're welcome."

"I think I should be going now," she replied, standing up and fixing her pretty little dress.

It was a disgusting yellow-green color that reminded me of vomit.

"Oh! Anica can walk with you," my mom suggested, she gave me a grin. That woman must be as evil as me, I swear.

But I guess I actually get my feisty personality from her.

"Mama, her house is next door. She doesn't need me to walk with her," I growled thorugh my teeth.

"Um, it's okay," Elizabeth nodded, walking to the door.

"No, no, no. Who knows what could happen, I could never live with myself. Anica, go. It's just next door," she commanded.

"But mom!" I whinnied.

"Go now or else no anything for the rest of the night. And I'll tell your father, wouldn't want him to get upset," she warned.

He never got upset, but I didn't like him being mad at me. He was too nice and he was the one who always bought me bows for my hair, and clothes prettier than Elizabeth's.

I rolled my eyes and walked to the door, "Hurry up."

Elizabeth opened the door and we both walked outside. I walked quickly across the lawn, I didn't want to be with her any longer than I had to be. I hated how my mother made me do the cruelest of things.

"Hey," she grabbed my hand. My skin buzzed. "Why are you being so mean and cruel? Just like some mean girl?"

I felt like mouth go dry, "I-I don't know. Why are you so nice and cheery? Like some pretend girl that gets everything she wants?"

She shrugged, "I don't try to be. I just am, and you don't have to be so mean all the time. Maybe if you were nicer to me, we could at least be friends."

"Why are you still holding my hand?" I replied, sharply.

She dropped my hand angirly and blushed, "Why does it matter? Think I have cooties or something? That's so first grade."

"You're so first grade!" I snapped.

Her jaw dropped and her eyes filled with tears, "Wanna know something?"

"What?" I removed my glance from her, not wanting to see her cry. True I felt mean making her cry, but she brought this upon herself.

"I think I hate you!" she screamed, and she ran into her home.

"Well I do too!" I yelled. I stood there for a moment replaying everything that happened.

The way she held my hand and the shook I got from it, how nice her hair looked in a braid, and that I think I love her.

Even though I still didn't really have a clue what love actually was yet.

I ran back into my house screaming my head off, trying to get all my anger and confusion out. She's going to be a big problem later on, I could tell already. She's too nice, and too genuine. And I'm too. . .pretend.

❤ ❤ ❤

A/N: You like? I do! This is my first 'GirlxGirl' story, and I'm just testing out writing different subjects. (x